Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - once upon a dream —

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aislinn

A I S L I N N
stardust and hurricanes she was

Thump. Thump. Drum.

Her heart fluttered, drumming heavily against the bones of her rib cage. The turbulence of it's madness had her gulping as she was all too aware of his nearness; the heat from his mahogany skin radiating in waves. He was so so close, and the desire to lean into his warmth was a battle she was losing miserably. The shadows seemed to slither and move in anticipation, the stars glimmering and hushing as the Night goddess pushed them ever closer together; the build-up heavy and tangible as her heartbeat grew louder. Her desire to brush her velvet lips on his, imaging the feeling of them there, slow and desperate until her yearning deepened into something that opened up and changed into a beast she did not want to tame.

Thump. Thump. Drum.

With eyes of ice-blue flames, she watched him; every breath of movement, every centimeter as her king looked at her. Aislinn melted under his gaze of molten-silver, her knees weak and wobbly. The oxygen in her lungs burned as she held her breath as he moved, his eyes glancing over her face and down to that ugly rip of scabs and missing feathers on her wing. She was still, a statue of ebony marble and starlight, as he leaned and pressed a soft kiss on her wound. Blissful heat radiated from where his lips touched her, a sigh loosing from her as she watched him. He was everything to her; and in so many ways that she could not even begin to breathe words to. Reichenbach was not only her king, but the epitome of goodness and desires. He was the answered dreams that are made on falling stars, honest and strong-willed and a match for every dark part of her. They were one and the same it seemed, as Calligo pushed them ever closer -- only for them to break apart.

Thump. Thump.

The building fever in the air around them was drained, a violent descent as he pulled away, looking up at her through a thicket of dark lashes as he withdrew. She longed to pull him back, everything she had wanted to say stuck in her throat like glue. Almost instantaneously, the air around her had dropped several degrees, a shiver rippling over her skin. Aislinn closed her eyes, wishing; the musk of wood smoke and night jasmine lingering around her like a cloud. A ghost of where he was and wasn't anymore. 

Thump. Thump.

She shuddered as he breathed her name, her heart wrestling as she waited. As if on the edge of that cliff again, toeing the thrill of the fall, storms and thunder and stardust rioting all around them. She was on a roller coaster that only went up up up, as she anticipated what he was going to say. He was shadows and stars and whispered sweet nothings, warmth and mystery that had her blood boiling. Her eyes trailed over him and his wild curls, and the tangle of coins that pulled at the strings of her heart. Bless Calligo, she had outdone any of her creations — he was handsome — as he wore shadows and smoke like jewels. A true King of Night.

"Reich, I.." she started, the taste of his name sweet and wonderful on her lips as she finally started to say all the things that needed to be said.

Thump.

Reality crashed down on her as her stomach rolled, the drop of the thrill sinking into her stomach at his words. Suddenly, she was hyper aware of where they were, of every little detail as if she saw it in sharp focus. She blinked, turning over his words. Stepping back, she was no longer the gyspy girl who was falling head first for her king.. instead, she was the storm-born warrior, ever dutiful to him. No longer the would-be lovers she craved to be, but instead a Sovereign and his chosen knight. And for the first time, she despised it; but there was nothing that she could say or do for now.

Stepping back, hating every inch of distance between them, she averted her gaze as she dipped her crown respectfully and in answer. "I'd be honored, Your Grace." More distance; a gaping hole where he once was moments before. Her breath came in uneven shudders, her emotions bubbling and screaming as she fought to understand everything she was feeling. If he could see it, she did not know.. but more than anything, she hoped — wished — that her king saw what she was so plainly trying to convey. And if anything, the stars above her stilled winked and shimmered, tucking away her thousand wishes for safe keeping as Calligo watched over them from afar.

Reich.. I think I —

Tonight was not the night, however, as her roller coaster crashed and burned, her stomach flipping. The winged fae's vision blurred, tucking her plumes in close to her body for warmth as the phantom of him had faded away. With a slow, delicate exhale, her orbs of icy-blue looked up at him, the sudden movement jingling the coins and feathers around her throat. "What would you have me do, my King?" 

@reichenbach
*screams internally* my cinnamon rolls D:  *hugs them*
Holy long post... had a lot of Ash muse today c:
This post was inspired by this song!
"Aislinn speech."

Messages In This Thread
once upon a dream — - by Reichenbach - 08-22-2017, 04:08 AM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Aislinn - 08-22-2017, 07:49 AM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Reichenbach - 08-23-2017, 06:39 AM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Aislinn - 08-23-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Reichenbach - 08-28-2017, 09:00 PM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Aislinn - 08-29-2017, 11:24 PM