Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - once upon a dream —

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aislinn

A I S L I N N
stardust and hurricanes she was

She was on the edge, her emotions laid bare and clear as day on her face as she looked at him. Her king, and so much more, if she could only breathe life to what her feelings screamed. Once more, she was transported back onto the cliff against the wild sea, a new summer storm raging around all of them. Just inches from the edge, from the fall; tumbling headfirst into something she was not — could not — ever imagine or be prepared for. His words cleaved her heart into two, her eyes blurred and blinking rapidly. Oxygen failed her as she listened; Reichenbach's words etching into her skin whether he meant them to or not. 

I'm in love with Florentine.

No longer was she the warrior that had been honed and trained to yearn for the blood, sweat, and tears of the battlefield. No longer was she the dreamer who wished upon falling stars. No longer was she the gypsy who danced without cares or worries under a full moon and eyes that reflected starlight and blue flames. No — she was just a girl who had fallen for her king; someone she could not have, and she did not have the slightest shred of knowledge on how to handle it.

We aren't... together. We can't be together. I just... wanted you to know why.

With a delicate hoof, Aislinn took a step back, hating the distance between them with every fiber of her soul. Her mind took mental pictures of his handsome face; ignoring the hurt in his eyes of liquid silver, glazing over the emotions that flooded his features like a flipped open book for her to read. The regret that surged over her like a summer tsunami was corrosive and toxic, eating at her as she averted her gaze. She couldn't look up at him, not anymore.. not without the cage her emotions were stuffed into breaking open. Aislinn had never known love, not like this; nor heartbreak. With shuddering inhales, she continued to step back; closer and closer to the entrance and exit to the mountain citadel. So so close; they had been so close, and now there was an ocean of emotions and words between them.

She would do anything to go back to before; before she decided to intrude on his prayers, before she was a girl in love with a gypsy boy. But she could not.. time did not work in such a way. 

But she could forget. With distance and distraction.. she could forget.

"If you need me, you know where to find me, Your Grace," she whispered plainly. A lie, a riddle; choking back everything she felt. And then she was turning, swiftly launching herself into the sky full of stars, damaged wing and all.

@reichenbach
Pooey exit but alas... Ash does not know how to handle herself 
"Aislinn speech."

Messages In This Thread
once upon a dream — - by Reichenbach - 08-22-2017, 04:08 AM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Aislinn - 08-22-2017, 07:49 AM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Reichenbach - 08-23-2017, 06:39 AM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Aislinn - 08-23-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Reichenbach - 08-28-2017, 09:00 PM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Aislinn - 08-29-2017, 11:24 PM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Reichenbach - 08-31-2017, 01:22 AM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Aislinn - 08-31-2017, 10:55 PM