Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - it's you, it's always been you

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 6
Signos: 645
Night Court Medic
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 22  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: Noor (Irish Elk)

G A R E T H

If it were not for the darkness of the night and the deep earthen colour of his coat, his dished cheeks would have flushed a dark hue of red as the man blushed deeply. Perhaps it was from a slight embarrassment as part of his senses returned to him. Gareth had never been a particularly rash person, but something about the thought of losing Salome again, after having denied himself his own feelings for so long, had brought it out of him. He knew that the words he had spoken were harsh, all the thoughts and feelings he’d had over the many years tumbling together and falling out all at once. Yet still, here she was, holding him, as close as she had ever been. 

The body of the mare fit so neatly into the space that the stallion could not help but quake, curling his neck around hers as well to hold her so very gently. He knew that with her audits pressed to his body that she could surely hear and feel the very pulse of his life run through him. The fluttering of his heart in his chest as he tried to put together what had happened. The torrent of emotions kept him tumbling and it felt as if he might drown beneath the crashing waves. He was still angry. Both at himself, with her, and with her husband, their herd, their traditions. He wasn’t sure yet how to process that anger, if it was even right to feel it. More than that, the sorrow that she would leave him again, as she had a year ago. The fear that clutched his heart with the notion that this could all have been some wild fantasy, some dream the mountain had brought to him. 

Yet his love for her burned brighter still. He was so tired. Having run so far from his love for her in a false attempt to heal himself. Distance had only made his heart grow fonder, and now with Salome here in his arms, he could not imagine letting her go for anything. 

However, as he allowed himself to think on the events of the evening, he knew that his mind was not being rational. He did not want to make any more impulsive decisions. Noor would have his hide if his friend knew of the words that he had so quickly spoken to the woman. 

Gareth sighed deeply through his nares, squeezing the vampire mare closer to him for just a moment before pulling away. He did not rise, for the brute could not bring himself to part from her completely just yet. He did need to look her in the eye, though. He needed to know that she understood what he was about to say.  

“Salome,” He spoke softly, his rich vocals heavy with the sincerity of the words that fell from his lips. “I have always loved you. But I…” He swallowed and resisted the urge to turn away. “I need some time, Salome. I need to think through my feelings. Because I want to be sure that I am going to do right by you, and that I am not clinging to a young colt’s ideals.” The stallion heaves a sigh, his shoulders slumping. “So many things have changed, Salome. So many things. I… I need to be sure. You deserve so many things, Salome, and I am unsure if I will be able to provide those things for you. Beyond just the physical needs, but the emotional and spiritual ones as well. I need to be sure that I can still be the stallion you once knew.” He hung his head and closed his amber gaze, breathing deeply. 

“I love you, Salome,” He repeated before opening his eyes again. “But I need some time to think. And… I think, if we want this to work between us, we need to start over. Too many things have happened in each other’s absence, and we have become different people.” He slowly extended his neck so that his muzzle might gently brush her cheek.  “And I desire the chance to woo you, to court you properly, as I was too foolish to do in my youth.” 

"Speech" | @Salome |

Messages In This Thread
it's you, it's always been you - by Salome - 10-03-2021, 10:45 PM
RE: it's you, it's always been you - by Gareth - 10-03-2021, 11:32 PM
RE: it's you, it's always been you - by Salome - 10-04-2021, 12:36 AM
RE: it's you, it's always been you - by Gareth - 10-09-2021, 09:56 AM
RE: it's you, it's always been you - by Salome - 10-09-2021, 01:00 PM
RE: it's you, it's always been you - by Gareth - 10-09-2021, 02:17 PM
RE: it's you, it's always been you - by Salome - 10-09-2021, 02:40 PM
RE: it's you, it's always been you - by Gareth - 10-11-2021, 01:17 PM
RE: it's you, it's always been you - by Salome - 10-11-2021, 01:34 PM
RE: it's you, it's always been you - by Gareth - 11-03-2021, 07:41 AM