Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - scars

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,440
Dusk Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Dark Matter Manipulation  |    Bonded: Eomer (Eastern Snow Dragon)

I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered where does it hurt?

Listening to him her ears tip back with the feeling that he's talking from experience, familiar with the loneliness and Elain wants to reach out to comfort him but keeps herself from doing such. Instead she offers a comforting smile with gentle earnest words that she hopes will offer some kind of comfort to him. "I don't mean to overstep but...it sounds like you have some kind of experience with that and if you're ever lonely I'd like you to know that you're welcome to find me. I'd gladly spend time with you, even if you're not lonely." Shifting a bit she motions towards the way she'd come from with hopes that the Citadel was in view. "I'm not sure if it's visible or if I showed you the right direction but there's a Citadel in the Dusk Court and that's where I live currently. So if you'd ever want company you can certainly find me there, my room is a straight shot from the main doors so it's the easiest to find I think." Perhaps she's over-stepping by telling him where she's living and that he's always welcome in the room Liam had given her but Elain can't help but want to comfort him, to offer her time to him.

Her ears relax, pricking forward to listen intently to him so that she can absorb his words about how it's not dangerous if you can learn to handle it. Pale head tilting slightly to the side she mulls over his words with a serious expression and a soft hum comes from her. "Are you one of them? The kind of being who's learned how to handle such pains? I think my father Amrod, though I never met him, was like that from what my father I grew up with told me and my twin brother." Elain feels a pain in her at the idea that he's possibly suffered those pains and grown to learn how to handle them. But how do you handle pain like that? As much as she wants to know the answer to that she holds the question back, she doesn't want to possibly cause him any pain if the question were to touch a wound. The pale kirin decides that she'll ask it another time if she ever gets the chance.

Hearing his breath she wonders if she's gotten too close and is about to apologize when he described the shell to her. It sounds like a pretty shell to her and it makes sense why he'd be curious about such an odd shell. "Sounds to me like it could almost be one of my scales if it was smooth and metal." Elain can't help the small chuckle that escapes her at the idea of a shell similar in looks to how her scales had been described to her. Her ears twitch when he says that he does sometimes care for smaller things, and that everything is smaller than him which makes her laugh brightly with a nod. "I guess it would be a broad spectrum with how tall you are, I feel that you could reach heights I couldn't imagine reaching. I think the things that fall into that spectrum must be lucky to have you care for them then." 

Her ears tip back at his words with the feeling of both sadness and anger building up in her chest. Her sadness is from his thought that she'd run away and her anger is at the idea that others think of him in such a way. Why would they call him a nightmare? She can't help the harsh snort from her and the way her tail swings sharply. "I promise you I wouldn't run Reliquary, I think we are more than how we look. It's cruel that they would call you a nightmare and they'd be wrong. If anyone should ever call you such a thing then they are a fool and surely they would be blind instead of me." She hums in thought about the Gods and how they look before she settles on her opinion. "I think you're right, that we aren't supposed to behold them. But I wonder if maybe each one looks different? Perhaps the appearance of the God depends on what they represent?" Elain is startled by the sudden touch to her cheek followed by the permission to feel what he looks like. She can feel the warmth from him spread on her cheek, making her chest seize up a bit in a way she doesn't understand.

Stepping closer the albino runs her nose across his face carefully from his own nose up to his forehead, feeling the multiple eyes. Softly humming in thought she steps closer to stretch her neck and reach higher up to his ears where she counts four in long length. The whole time she feels Reliquary her chest tightens by the second. Elain is taking the chance to commit his touch to memory, store it away in her mind while she comes to stand next to him with her nose running the length of his neck. She can feel that his mane is thick with a texture like her own, something that makes her smile with the knowledge that she shares that with the giant. The albino stops when she reaches his wings, surprised by the leathery feel of them and that he has what feels like two instead of one tucked by his side. Pulling away she gently touches his cheek with her own nose and a smile. "I was right. You feel kind and...gentle. Excessively tall but everyone is tall to me so I'm bias about height." Frowning she tips her ears back slightly. "How could anyone call you or even think of you as a nightmare Reliquary? An otherworldly appearance I'd understand but a nightmare? I can't imagine that. You feel kind and comforting, nothing like I'd imagine a nightmare to feel."

"Talk."
Thoughts
Eomer

Tags »@Reliquary
Voice » Lily Collins
OOC » <3 

The Paragon Child
x | x

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Gather courage like wildflowers

Messages In This Thread
scars - by Reliquary - 11-03-2021, 09:00 AM