Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - scars

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,440
Dusk Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Dark Matter Manipulation  |    Bonded: Eomer (Eastern Snow Dragon)

I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered where does it hurt?

Elain listens carefully to him, wondering just how old he actually is. Is he older than Aklos? Surely if he's older than the generations of equine here than he'd be older than those in Aklos too. She can't help when her head tilts to the side slightly with her curiosity building up, an odd habit that she unknowingly shares with her grandmother. "Does that mean you've seen many lands? I wonder what that would be like, to travel and experience all types of things." Ears tip back slightly at his words, easily giving away that she's thinking of something until her ears snap forward again when a thought enters her mind. "Well maybe I can sneak you in then or we can find a way to send messages so we can meet at places if you're worried. Although I will say that if anyone isn't friendly then I'll just deal with them." The tone of her voice is determined though of course she doesn't mean physically. Instead, she's more likely to hurt them with kindness and remind them that they're being rude. Elain's brow furrows a bit when thinking about how he doesn't belong to a court, worry spreads across her face and leaks into her voice. "If you don't belong to a court who helps you stay safe? Or do you have somewhere specific where you're safe?" Elain has always worried for others, always been a soft soul with a bleeding heart who would give shelter to a wolf if needed. With Reliquary however she feels more worried than usual, she wants to give him all the comfort she can provide, even a safe place if he doesn't have one. It's similar to the same feelings she's only felt with her brother and father, causing a bit of confusion for the albino due to just meeting him. 

A profound sadness nestles itself in her chest when Reliquary confirms that he is indeed someone who has simply learned to accept things. Elain wishes she could offer him comfort in some possible way, the only kind of comfort she can think of is words. Even if they don't carry much weight she hopes it will be of some solace for the tall pegasus. "I'm sorry for the things that have happened to you but if there is some way I could ever offer you comfort I will do my best. You shouldn't have to carry anything on your own, even if you're accustomed to it." The much smaller kirin offers him a smile in hopes that she's at least been able to offer him some kind of comfort.

For a second she looks surprised before she starts laughing at the idea of him walking into doors because of his height. Elain can't help herself with the words that escape her. "The doors must be out to get you. If it makes you feel better I walked into a tree recently, I've also tripped myself before too but honestly I believe that's just because of my tail." As if to explain what she means the kirin brings her tail close to her side, demonstrating that it's more of an extra appendage than a standard tail. She can hear that the hair on her tail disturbs the sand, dragging across it when she relaxes it and rests it comfortably behind her once again.

She wouldn't lie that she hates knowing he's right that there aren't many in this world who would think the same as them. Elain can't help her frown when she hums back to him in agreement while her ears tip back in a display of slight frustration with her brow furrowing. "I wish there was a way to change that, to somehow get others to see it like we do." She knows that you can't completely change the whole world with a smile and a kind word but she can't help but hope that you can at least change one persons world that way. The pale kirin is careful when feeling him, she doesn't want to risk a stray scale possibly hurting him as she's well aware that a good portion of her is covered in the metal. Reliquary's laugh brings a soft smile to her face, his laugh is somehow comforting to her, it eases her anxiety that she may have sounded like a fool at her conclusion.

Listening carefully to him her brow furrows in slight confusion at the mention of his skull and she only truly reacts when he presses his nose against hers. Normally she'd pull back from fear that the scales on her face could hurt another but instead Elain presses her nose back, and offers a soft smile to him in hopes that it'd be comforting. She'd be the first to admit that she's not sure how to respond to him though she can feel a frustration at the idea of others turning him away simply because of how he looks. Blinking in surprise at his thanks she tips her ears back slightly, admittedly embarrassed that he'd thank her of all creatures. "You sound...like you're from a dream, or an old legend Reliquary. Though I'd admit I'm concerned about your wings, are they injured and that's why you can see the veins?" Frowning slightly her brow furrows in thought. "If they turn the other way over such a thing then they are indeed fools and I pity them. I don't know why the Gods have made you this way but maybe they have some ultimate reason that you haven't found yet?" Elain's eyes close while she smiles gently and a softness, though serious, tone floods her voice. "I think we can see with more than just our eyes, the soul has its own way of seeing things and I like to think that's how I'm able to see you. I'm grateful that I can offer you some form of hope Reliquary, you deserve it and the kindness that the world can offer. If no one else will offer you that kindness then I shall give it to you in ten fold." The young kirin is careful when she presses her nose into his again and opens her eyes. "If you'd like you can call me Ellie and your friend."

"Talk."
Thoughts
Eomer

Tags »@Reliquary
Voice » Lily Collins
OOC » <3 

The Paragon Child
x | x

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Gather courage like wildflowers

Messages In This Thread
scars - by Reliquary - 11-03-2021, 09:00 AM