Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Bondeds are Friends not Food

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

drowning deep in my sea of loathing
broken your servant I kneel
it seems what's left of my human side
is slowly changing in me

She was so hungry, so, so hungry. And so, so weak. She knew she had lost weight, knew she wasn't the predator she had been before her injury, and it was an injury that had been continuing to act against her. It made hunting hard, and what use was a saurian that couldn't hunt? So when she'd seen the meal, she didn't focus on any of the small facts. Didn't notice anything else, she just saw something she could eat - a creature from her past, from a world she'd come from. And it was a mix of blood lust, hunger, and her own failing mental system that allowed her to miss the obvious facts.

Her mind simply took her back to the past. So it was with surprise that she felt the impact. She tumbled, even as her claws had caught at the flesh, ripping free. But it wasn't the thrill of a hunt, instead, a scream of agony was pulled from her muzzle, more bird-like than horse-like, as those injured limbs were wrenched by the power of the stallion shoving her away. She landed hard on the ground, instantly drawing her injured limbs closer to her, eyes squeezing against the pulsating pain that seemed to resonate with her own heart.

Bathump. Bathump. Bathump. She could smell the blood of reopened wounds, but it was the cry, a voice; that broke through her delirious hunger, as she lay in the tall grasses and weeds of the plain, her own sandy coloring almost blending in with the plains. Very slowly, her eyes opened, slitted pupils slanting slowly towards him as she was screamed at. She didn't respond, as she instead slowly tried to roll onto her side, climbing to her front limbs, only to collapse back to the ground when pressure was put on her back limbs. The snarl of trying to eat this tank of a stallion's friend had her narrowed eyes cutting his way, her body posture defensive as she collapsed back to the ground, carefully protecting any of the more vulnerable parts of the body (beneath her throat, her belly) as if he were a predator to strike at her now that she was down.

She wouldn't be surprised if he did, "Didn't realize." The words tore through her muzzle with a hiss, and this time as she tried to climb to her feet once more, it was with quacking success, her limbs shaking violently at the pressure on deep, horrifying wounds. Her thinned side showed how the wounds had been affecting her, how little she'd been able to eat. "Thought . . . it was a single deer." She added with a growl. She rolled the wing joints, before turning away from both of them, ignoring the desperate growl of a stomach that hadn't had a decent meal in weeks, her gaze already desperately searching for something else to eat, something else to hunt. A life-saving meal. "Need to eat too." She added, before taking a step away from the massive beast and injured elk, only for her limbs to give out at reapplied pressure, and she collapsed back to the ground with a weak grown, the wounds weeping red down the pebbled hide of back legs, staining the light strands of her tail. "How was I supposed to know a horse was making friends with an elk." She finally added, staying on the ground, not quite having the energy to try to get back up just yet.

She was just so hungry.

looking at my own reflection

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth
Notes: Alright! Gareth can now slam into her, and startle her out of her hunger-induced tunnel vision.

when suddenly it changes
violently it changes
there is no turning back now
you've woken up the demon in me

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Gareth - 11-07-2021, 09:11 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Pangaea - 11-25-2021, 11:42 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Gareth - 12-28-2021, 03:33 AM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Pangaea - 12-31-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Gareth - 01-18-2022, 01:20 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Pangaea - 01-18-2022, 01:55 PM