Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Bondeds are Friends not Food

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 6
Signos: 645
Night Court Medic
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 22  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: Noor (Irish Elk)

G A R E T H

The woman was curled around herself, defensive, ears flat against her skull. He could tell by the smell and the oozing from her wounds that she had tried to push the infection out. Good, that would make things a little easier. He would still need to fully clean the wounds, but forcing the puss out of the way made it one less thing he’d have to do. The stallion would still need to get inside her wounds to clean the infection fully, but that was something he was going to need to earn a bit of trust for first. After all, she still had teeth, and while her legs were in bad shape, her talons worked just fine. 

His audits flicked at the name Teryr, whatever that was, some kind of monster to be sure. She spoke of the size and he was sure that it must have been massive to do such damage to her. All the same, if it’s touch had been poison she would likely have already been dead, so he felt fairly secure in that her infection was from lack of proper care rather than anything else. That was also good. It meant that if he could just get her to his home without much further incident, she would be relatively routine to treat. 

She continued speaking as he started running over his checklist in his head, largely missing what she said. Something about not hunting things she isn’t supposed to, maybe? Well, he would certainly talk to her about the bonded situation, since she seemed to be a bit out of the loop on that one. Hopefully that would help her to prevent further mistakes and she wouldn’t run off with someone else’s beloved companion. That conversation was the last thing on his mind, really, though. What he needed to determine most is whether or not her mind fog was purely from hunger, or if the infection had gotten into her organs or her blood. Both of which would be particularly bad outcomes. He had high hopes, though, since the lesser wounds seemed to be well on their way to healing nicely, if there could have been such a thing. He came to the same conclusion as the possibilities of poison- if that had been the case, she would have likely been dead long before now. 

As he continued his cursory inspection of her wounds, the words she barked at him finally started to filter in. He jerked his head back in surprise, looking at her with wide eyes for a long moment before he let out a booming laugh, the chocolate tone rattling his barrel and causing tears to prick at his eyes. 

“Well you have one thing right. You won’t make it through the winter in your condition.” He caught his breath, shaking his head, a large smile plastered across his features. “No, I’m not going to kill you. You hadn’t intended to hurt Noor as another intelligent creature. You just needed to eat and didn’t have the senses to know better. That’s an understandable response.” He nodded to her form, bloody, oozing and thin. “Your body is fighting off infections because it can’t heal your wounds and you can’t get enough fuel to do one or the other to get back on your feet.“ 

He moved a little closer now, though still keeping his guard up, watching her talons. “I can, and will, help you with your wounds. I know a few hunters and trappers and I’ll see what I can do about getting you a meal while you’re recovering, but I can’t do any of those things out here on the plains.” He stepped a bit closer, nodding to her legs in particular. 

“I think I might be able to help get you walking at least. It won't be at all pleasant, but if I can get you back to my home, you’ll live, and I think you might find that more agreeable than where you’re at now,” He looked back up to the mare and made eye contact, amber hues to amber hues. There was nothing but a genuine offer for assistance in his gaze, and he was sure that by now she would have picked up on that. If he’d had any intent to harm her, he’d had ample enough time to do it by now.  “Yes?” 

"Speech" || @Pangaea |

Messages In This Thread
Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Gareth - 11-07-2021, 09:11 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Pangaea - 11-25-2021, 11:42 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Gareth - 12-28-2021, 03:33 AM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Pangaea - 12-31-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Gareth - 01-18-2022, 01:20 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Pangaea - 01-18-2022, 01:55 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Gareth - 01-18-2022, 02:25 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Pangaea - 01-18-2022, 02:53 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Gareth - 01-18-2022, 03:42 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Pangaea - 01-18-2022, 04:45 PM