Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Bondeds are Friends not Food

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

drowning deep in my sea of loathing
broken your servant I kneel
it seems what's left of my human side
is slowly changing in me

The half dinosaur female was cautious. It was hard not to be given her state. This was risky for her, while she was injured, in bad health, to put her trust in a creature she knew so little about. A man who appeared from nowhere just in time to knock her away, Not that I could blame him. If I knew I'd harmed a member of someone's pack, I do not know if I'd have been able to forgive myself. Would rather have succumbed to the hunger, allowed myself to starve instead. But, they wouldn't understand that, I'm sure. By nature, most of these equines are herbivores, herd mammals, and as such, their connections were different towards one another. It wasn't the same for many of them. Herds gathered together as a means of protection through numbers. A pack was so much more. And yet, he had defended the elk like a pack member defending a fallen brethren. Perhaps these ones would have understood the guilt that such an action inspired. But, they couldn't understand that inner turmoil I already felt. They were, after all, just seeing a hungry predator.

So instead, the female was quiet as the chocolate-painted stallion spoke of what an attack on him after his kindness would mean, Less on him, more on who she was. As his gaze turned towards the elk, Pangaea's own gaze dropped, feeling that shame at what she'd almost done wash over her again. I would have left him in the very state I now exist in. Alone, packless, noticing the hole and unable to fill it. She thought to herself, before snorting once, "Of course. I'd offer my assurances that I behave myself . . . but I'm sure they mean little coming from a stranger." She couldn't blame the elk, this Noor; if he never warmed up to her. Perhaps it was the smart one of the trio.

The way the stallion spoke was unnerving, making jokes, entirely too good-natured about the whole situation. Instead her gaze lowered again, head half bowing, "I'm sorry." The words fell limply from her caramel lips, eyes half hooded with her long lashes as she stared down at her hooves, kicking at the grass and plains. He had given her the space to stand, but even now, she was wondering if this was a good idea. How could he possibly trust a stranger that could hurt him and his fellow so thoroughly? A true predator wouldn't hesitate to plot an attack . . . the mare's stomach twisted at the thought of doing the same.

She was startled when he mentioned lessening the pain, her gaze also switching to her legs, before blinking at his following words, "W-walk." She shook her head, rolling her shoulders and extending out those webbed wings, the clawed thumb held close to the arm, "I . . I don't mind following from the sky . . . You don't need to worry about me, please don't. I'll be fine." She didn't know if she could walk for that long, not truly. She refolded her wings, suddenly wondering if this is what it felt like to try to keep your stance on unstable ground. Every new sentence from this man's mouth was like another tremor through the earth, upsetting her footing and leaving her unsure of why he was doing this.

Why did he even want to help her? She was just a stranger. "Why would you worry. I'm nobody to you but an individual who threatened the life of your pack member." She had to get the answers, she had to stable the ground before it crumbled beneath her and fell, "I'm a stranger you could forget about as soon as the next day begins, should your focus not be on the pack member I was attacked? Why would you care what happened to me? Why would anyone?"

The elk suddenly snorted, stomping a hoof, and she startled, looking towards the large creature, ears burying into her bound locks, her expression uncertain for what it was going on about, although the stranger offered to aid her seemed to understand. Pangaea's expression faltered, uncertain; uncomfortable, so far out of her element she was beginning to wonder if this was just a fevered dream, but instead she sighed quietly, "If it's a problem, you do not need to assist. I'm sure I can figure something else out." She murmured quietly, "I don't want to cause any upset between you . . . . and Noor I believe you said." She hesitated, before looking from one, to the other. Her gaze wasn't that of a predator. Would they know the difference? Know what to search for when you stare down a cornered animal to assess its true threat level. "But, if you're certain, on aiding me. I guess I'm at your mercy and will do everything in my power to ensure you - both of you feel comfortable with my presence, even if it means keeping my distance. As I said, if I must, I can follow by flight. I just don't want to upset anyone anymore than I already have."

looking at my own reflection

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth
Notes: I'm so excited.

when suddenly it changes
violently it changes
there is no turning back now
you've woken up the demon in me

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Gareth - 11-07-2021, 09:11 PM