Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Bondeds are Friends not Food

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 6
Signos: 645
Night Court Medic
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 22  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: Noor (Irish Elk)

G A R E T H

Gareth listened quietly as the predator woman spoke, first mentioning that she might fly behind them. Part of him thought that might be a decent solution, at least until they found their way to the Arma. Over the plains it was relatively harmless, and if she were to stumble or need to land, it would be much less hard on her hind legs than a crash landing on the mountain. He mulled that over, debating the pros and cons of allowing her to follow at a distance as she continued, asking questions about his motives and his reasons for offering his assistance. He’d already come to peace with himself that these things were often beyond the understanding of others and so he found little need to explain himself in most cases. However, as she continued to speak, the predator seemed to shrink. The fire that he had seen in her when she thought that he might kill her had almost snuffed itself. 

Before him now was an injured beast who seemed entirely unsure of her surroundings, her choices, and her own footing. Sure, he could chock that up to simply being that her legs were twisted to hell and back, but something told him there was a large psychological component to it as well. She was entirely out of her element, and she was scared, even if every fibre of her being told her not to show it to him. 

The brute tried to relax his stance even further. While they were of similar stature, he did not want to be further imposing as he stood  before her. He took a step back to allow her more space as well, in case part of her nervousness was his own reach. The stallion had given her enough room to stand, yes, but he had stayed close enough to try to help her keep her feet if her legs were to crumble again. As it looked right now, she seemed stable enough, if she could only get a moment to breathe and feel in control again. 

He decided the best thing to do would be to answer her questions. Perhaps that would help to quiet her mind enough to realize that she need not be in fight or flight mode and that he only wanted to assist her. 

“Any upset between me and Noor is just him blowing smoke,” Gareth mused, looking back to his elk companion. The bonded scowled, but did not move and spoke nothing.  “He’s concerned about being slowed down in the mountains, if he’s healed before you are. He was just being haughty- there’s other things on his mind, and while he won’t admit it, this was a good reason for him to try to give me a special tongue lashing.” The stallion chuckled as the elk rolled his eyes and started moving away. 

You’ll catch up when you catch up, I won’t be far ahead. Noor started to limp a few feet in the direction of home, wincing, but determined not to show pain while the predator was still paying attention to him. 

Gareth returned his attention to the injured woman. “As for why I worry and why I’d bother to help you, it’s just how I was raised, and my grandmother would have my hide if she knew that I left someone to die when I could have done something about it.” He shifted his weight, grunting. “Attack or no, I still hold my belief that you didn’t mean any real harm, and you will die without my help. “ 

He sighed, looking at her wings, and then her legs, back and forth for a good long moment before rolling his tongue, speaking slowly. “Well… As for you flying. I have my reservations. I don’t think it could really do much harm while we’re out in the open. But once we reach the Arma, you’ll have to stay grounded. Those cliffs are hard to fly even for the best of times and the healthiest of bodies. Both of which are not in our favour, what with the snow and your legs. At least on the ground I can help carry your weight and steady you as needed.” 

The stallion nodded, more to himself than to the woman. He tilted his head, and then chuckled. “My name is Gareth, by the way.” He shook his head, thick locks swaying against his neck. “I forgot my manners in all the kerfuffle, my apologies.” 

"Speech" | Noor | @Pangaea | This is going to be great <3 

Messages In This Thread
Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Gareth - 11-07-2021, 09:11 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Pangaea - 11-25-2021, 11:42 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Gareth - 12-28-2021, 03:33 AM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Pangaea - 12-31-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Gareth - 01-18-2022, 01:20 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Pangaea - 01-18-2022, 01:55 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Gareth - 01-18-2022, 02:25 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Pangaea - 01-18-2022, 02:53 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Gareth - 01-18-2022, 03:42 PM
RE: Bondeds are Friends not Food - by Pangaea - 01-18-2022, 04:45 PM