Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Commands from the shadows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 2
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

v r e i s

jealousy, turning saints into the sea
swimming through sick lullabies, chocking on your alibis
but it's just the price i pay, destiny is calling me
open up my eager eyes, 'cause i'm mr. brightside

The Rebel leader snorted once, his ears perked forward, waiting to hear what Shaye had to say, to hear what progress was made. It was odd at some point, to feel so alone in this world with only Shaye's company. No one else here, no one else following them through that portal. But this wasn't a vacation, this was a mission, and there where things they needed to do, little doves to find that had lost their way, and more importantly than all of that, get things squared away to return home and back to the front lines on a war between factions.

Vreis's gaze was settled on the other man, and he could see the slight changes that meant Shaye had taken his words, his behaviors to heart, and he sighed briefly, this was the part of being a leader he hated. To see the way others react so thoroughly to him. A simple frown had caused this level of hurt in another. To hear the fellow swearing to do better. When had it become such a . . . hefty weight for him to carry. When had he started to throw that weight around - had he truly? He's not surprised to hear the doves have gone reclusive . . . perhaps that is his fault as well. Had he been to harsh?

No! Of course not, they had been his soldiers, meant to sing and command as he foretold of them. "They may not know we are here yet. We cannot discount that they are being held against their will." Taken from him, that must be what had happened. Because his birds wouldn't abandon him, not like that traitorous king had done. He sneers faintly, turning away from Shaye to look out at the sea, "Stand taller, Shaye. You do not offer me the words of success I had wished for, but I also knew you wouldn't. There are many obstacles in our way, but most importantly is the fact that this world is new to us, and the culture is unfamiliar. We must blend in to get the answers we seek. We cannot be seen as outsiders. We must become part of the public."

Even if it meant standing side by side with magic. He frowned quietly at the thought of just what kidn of magic is in this place, but he pauses at the idea that Shaye wishes to attain the magic, the thought sitting wrong. These are foreigners, is it truly their duty to take and pillage and force them to use their magic to his aid? Again there's something simmering under the surface, a discontent in his heart, that valiant knight who feels such ideas are wrong, "We will keep a distance for the moment. There is no need to . . . attain magic users. They are not of our world anyways." He repeats more certainly.

He snorts then, his gaze returning to Shaye, and the former knight frowns again, "I am not disappointed in your efforts, not truly. You have done well. Progress made is progress gained. We'll work through this, take our time. There is much we have to understand about why they disappeared . . . and what this place is." And why Vreis found it easier to breath here then he ever did back home.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Shaye
Notes: Gonna take a bit to figure out exactly how to write him.

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
Commands from the shadows - by Shaye - 12-05-2021, 08:30 PM
RE: Commands from the shadows - by Vreis - 12-05-2021, 11:45 PM
RE: Commands from the shadows - by Shaye - 01-03-2022, 08:23 PM
RE: Commands from the shadows - by Vreis - 01-08-2022, 10:11 AM
RE: Commands from the shadows - by Shaye - 02-02-2022, 01:57 PM
RE: Commands from the shadows - by Vreis - 02-23-2022, 01:49 PM