Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - MARKSMAN FROM THE MARK

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 20 — Threads: 11
Signos: 601,303
Official Novus Account

Battle Type: BATTLE 
Prize: Nothing//Experience pts!!

Character #1: Damascus.
Bonded: A realistic companion - Long-eared Jerboa
Magic: none
Armor: none
Weapons:none

Character #2: Aryel
Bonded: none
Magic: none
Armor: none
Weapons: none

D A M A S C U S

As a colt Damascus's most favourite fables had been the ballads of warriors and valiant victories, the recapturing of distressed damsels from ruffians, the triumph of an unlikely hero over evil and so on. Dreams were what they had become, precious dreams; the riches of the poor. Of course, the lad had never truly expected to ever amount to anything like it - poets didn't write from slavers dungeons, so the servant to the stars had believed that he would never accomplish anything worthy of ballad-like heroism. 
Or so he had thought. The tides had changed, and now an altogether different moon rose over the ember now. He was free and he now had a life to call his very own. 

Heroes ought to be handsome, or so Damascus thought. The stag had little notion of what was attractive and what was not - he'd never seen an ugly fellow, nor a devilishly handsome one... had he? In his wondering mind he hardly ever gave much thought to his own appearance, though he could for now agree that he was happy with the skin he was in. He looked normal. 
Heroes also must also be strong, fierce and brave - or so they had seemed in the tales told to him from dank corners of the dungeon. Damascus had no real idea on how to accomplish this besides practise, and if he was to truly be a warrior of the Dusk Court he certainly ought to shape up. Hill work would become a key element to his schedule, a daunting task involving romping up endless ascents in order to build back muscle. Dohv had told him to do it so, as always, he did.

Experience on the battle field and the ferocity garnered from a hundred fights came from doing just that - participating in spars with worthy teachers, losing occasionally, etcetera. So it was with a great lump in his throat and heavy wings that the gangly stag sailed under a wall of god-like mountains, his heart and mind firmly set on finding a sparring partner in the Bellum Steppe. It was sundown - his most favourite time of day.
The warrior landed with a thud of monolithic hooves and a swoosh of folding wings, the lad's head held curious and high as he found his way around a flat, grassy stretch of prairie. No one should interfere a spar here - no animals would cross their path he assumed, and the terrain seemed quite agreeable save for a few nasty rocks. Sheepishly the colt grazed his chin upon his shoulder, gaze cast over his surroundings in search of a potential partner before he ushered a bellowing challenge.
"I Damascus!" he would begin, taking his maw to the air as he expelled his mighty voice from his lungs. "Fight you me - Wish I to learn!".
And so began his wait; His cards were dealt.

☀︎

Summary: Damascus arrives at the Bellum steppe, swoops in and lands. He finds himself on an agreeable battleground on a calm stretch of field with just a few rocks to look out for - he then proceeds to call out for an opponent!
A little translation:
"You fight me - I wish to learn"

Attack Used:
Attack(s) Left:
Block Used:
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: NONE

Response Deadline: 8th June.
Tags: @Aryel @Elkayell @kay @Sid 

Messages In This Thread
MARKSMAN FROM THE MARK - by Novus Team - 06-02-2017, 09:08 PM
RE: MARKSMAN FROM THE MARK - by Aryel - 06-04-2017, 01:03 PM