Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Once Upon a December

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 14 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Dusk Court Magician
Male [He/Him/His]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  14 hh  |  Hth: 17 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

o d i l e

someone holds me safe and warm,
horses prance through a silver storm
figures dancing gracefully across my memory

This felt silly, what did I actually think I was going to find here? But, I couldn't stop myself from coming. I'd heard from some of the other members of my new home. Uhm, what's it called. Terror Spell? Terra Stone? No. Terrastella, that's it! Gee, don't tell Liam I can't remember what it's called, I dunno if he'd let me leave if he knew I couldn't even remember the name. But yes, Terrastella, Dusk Court, oh . . . what was I going on about before?!

The stallion looked around the location he was in, as if that would give him the clues for his lost train of thought. He'd passed (Successfully, mind you! I didn't get lost!) into Delumine a while ago, when the sun was still in the sky - letting the swan's side of him carry his distance. It was a trick he'd learned early on in his years of being cursed, if the swan did the 'heavy lifting' - or rather flying, it seemed to go so much smoother. Likely because he wasn't flying with so much weight when he was a swan. One little bird compared to a fourteenhand stallion - you do the math.

OH! RIGHT! DELUMINE HAS A LIBRARY~ Or that was what I had been told by others in Dusk Court! They'd mentioned it in passing and I'd asked about it, and well, once I knew it was supposed to be a MASSIVE LIBRARY that was basically the pride and joy of a kingdom known for scholars - well of course I was gonna show up! Maybe there would be a book in here that would give me all of my missing answers~ That would provide me with a hint, a possible way of breaking this horrid curse I was under.

I didn't know how they would feel about a bird in the library either, and I wanted to make a good impression, so I figured showing up at night as a horse would be at least a little better than showing up by day as a swan - right? So, here I was, approaching the doors of a massive library! Oh, I couldn't wait to see what it was like inside! Wait, why are the doors locked?!

It took Odile roughly five minutes to realize the doors were not locked, but rather he was trying to push on a pull. Sheepishly pulling the doors open, the small ivory pegasus trotted inside. He jumped, hooves clattering against the floor as the doors slammed shut behind him. Ruffling both the feathers on his wings, as well as on his rump, he took a deep breath before looking around the rather dark, and what appeared to be empty library . . . huh, maybe coming as a swan during the day would have been easier. Someone might have been able to point me in the right direction then! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go aisle by aisle, row by row, floor by floor!

"Nooooooww, If I was a section on curses . . . . where would I be hiding?"

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Ceylon
Notes: Hope this works for you :D

Lineart © Darya87 @ DA; Character/Design © Dyzzie

Messages In This Thread
Once Upon a December - by Odile - 01-05-2022, 08:05 PM
RE: Once Upon a December - by Ceylon - 01-09-2022, 10:09 PM
RE: Once Upon a December - by Odile - 01-10-2022, 12:00 AM