Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Precursor to Revelry

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He smirked at her teasing about a desert being in another direction. “My dear, I would be quite happy for a break from the grit of sand.” The sand wore down everything it surrounded. It changed the face of rocks, it the hide of creatures. It was the only true never ending aspect of the desert.  When life perishes in the desert, it returns to the sand. Consumed by the ever moving grains, forever forming part of the landscape. It was where his mother was, It was where his father was. He had escaped that fate, for now. 

A festival. The grandeurs only continued to grow. They lived in such frivolous excess. “What is the purpose of a festival?” he asked, squinting slightly.  Their rituals and nights of celebration were limited to that of the gods. It felt disingenuous to be celebrating their own existence. But, maybe he was mistaken, he would wait and see what the mare's response would be. It wasn’t jealousy that spiked and irritated his skin at the way they lived, but it was at their cluelessness of their own privilege. 

When she asked to seek shelter, it caused the grumbling interest to stir further within him. This mare had a heritage that matched his own well. She would have been raised likely not too all differently from his own. They were more compatible then he ever would have imagined by approaching her in the field. Maybe, it wasn’t a where, but a who - that the desert gods had wanted him to seek. Maybe, just maybe it was with this woman he was to rebuild their kind.

“Yes, let’s go to the dense trees.” He stepped closer aiming to let his side brush against her own. Smooth and rough, a different texture to most. Smooth silky midnight pelt, with spatterings of minerals. Their size difference was more appreciable this close. This close she would be able to feel and further appreciate his warmth. He would protect her. He needed to keep this woman, he could feel it in his bones. 

His muzzle reached towards her own to take in her scent. “I am Jarek. You are truly what I have been searching for. You are a blessing from the desert gods. We will have a future together, beyond what the gods could even dream of.” It was a promise to himself, to her and the gods - he would keep it.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Precursor to Revelry - by Torielle - 01-29-2022, 07:58 AM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Jarek - 01-29-2022, 08:19 AM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Torielle - 01-29-2022, 08:56 AM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Jarek - 01-29-2022, 07:44 PM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Torielle - 01-30-2022, 01:25 AM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Jarek - 02-02-2022, 10:43 PM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Torielle - 02-04-2022, 01:32 AM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Jarek - 02-04-2022, 08:09 PM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Torielle - 02-05-2022, 08:24 PM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Jarek - 02-06-2022, 08:59 AM