Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Sacred Ground[Private]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was staring into the distance as she approached, his mind lost in the thoughts of his dreams and pursuits. He heard the jingling of the bells and the familiar scent of her, it drew his thoughts back to the present. The shill excitement in his chest fluttered again, she was here and she had found him. He didn’t need to know her name to feel as though he already knew her. He had after all spent the remaining time of winter dreaming of searching for her, or running together. Her scent had been wild and enticing in his dreams, but reality was all the more overwhelming. 

He shifted his gaze towards her as she approached closer. “Fancy that, indeed.” he replied softly, taking in wholly the image of her. She was more beautiful than what his memory had done justice. He felt a nervous tension welling within him, he needed to not fuck this up. How easily he had screwed things up last time, caused his anxiety to race. They were however destined to be together, and the gods had clearly shown that to him.  He believed that they were sending the dreams of her and of their future together to clearly ensure that he meets her again. 

The mystery woman had so wholly captured his being. Had she thought of him while they were apart? It really didn’t matter, he hoped she had at least considered what they had spoken about. He felt an overwhelming pressure to immediately give the gift to her. But what if it was too much and she would be pushed away again? His voice felt foriegn and rougher than it ever had before, he’d had training to secure his emotions from the world - but the anxiety was edging itself through by knifepoint. 

“I have a gift for you.” he said as softly as he could manage with his husky voice. He produced the leather bound book wrapped in the veil he had worked so hard to craft. Holding it with his telekinesis he extended it slowly towards her. The firelight catching the beetle decorations and sending beautiful lights shining across the fine white fabric. He was unused to feeling so vulnerable. He had never cared so much about an interaction with anyone. He struggled to find a means to communicate that without scaring her, without it being too overwhelming. 

The rest of the festival had immediately faded into obscurity with her company. It was as though the rest of time stood still and this very moment was the only one that mattered. The sounds of folks dancing and enjoying themselves blended into a shrill nothingness. He tried not to stare, but he could hardly break his gaze.  The slight jingling of her bells and their breathing was all he could hear, it was all he wanted to hear.

@Torielle
image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Sacred Ground[Private] - by Jarek - 02-17-2022, 04:55 AM
RE: Sacred Ground[Private] - by Torielle - 02-17-2022, 09:55 AM
RE: Sacred Ground[Private] - by Jarek - 02-17-2022, 01:10 PM
RE: Sacred Ground[Private] - by Torielle - 02-18-2022, 02:16 PM
RE: Sacred Ground[Private] - by Jarek - 02-18-2022, 09:42 PM
RE: Sacred Ground[Private] - by Torielle - 02-25-2022, 11:58 AM
RE: Sacred Ground[Private] - by Jarek - 03-02-2022, 06:46 PM