Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - creatures of the night

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kat [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 25
Signos: 77
Vagabond Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 28 — Atk: 32 — Exp: 53  |    Active Magic: Energy Transference  |    Bonded: Fylax (Gryphon)

-- --

M
y ears twist toward the sound of approaching steps in the new spring grass. I do not startle when he speaks, but lower my head and turn in his direction. He is umbral, a shadow in the growing dark, with embers for eyes and strange marks upon his hip. I realize that we are both shadow creatures, but in different ways. I am made for the darkness of a jungle, meant to camouflage among the trunks of trees and dancing, swaying light through leaves above. He is magma, volcanic, made for dark cavernous spaces of the underworld.

“This is Novus,” I tell him, trying not to remember the boat that had delivered me here many years ago. Trying not to remember the way I had come into a broken country and watched it learn to heal. Helped it even, for a time. Trying not to remember the way it had helped me heal. I have fallen so hard, since then, from heights unreachable. “This is a neutral land, though further north you’ll find beds and meals,” and an entire party, I think but do not say.

I for one would prefer to sleep here beneath the stars than among the festival goers or in Dawn Court itself, where no doubt countless others were spending their time. I had spent scarce little time at the festival, but there simply had been too many bodies and I am no longer a woman of the court. She is gone, has been for some time now. “You can stay,” I say, attempting to appear like I will not kill him in his sleep. I won’t, of course, but you can never really be too sure. By this time, Fylax has been disturbed from their slumber and the gryphon lifts their head to peer at the stranger, like a statue come to life.

all that blood was never once beautiful.
it was just red.
| @Lysandros

[Image: 13716916_Rc8f5hGvZkB3cYP.png]
a war is calling
the tides are turned

Messages In This Thread
creatures of the night - by Antiope - 02-19-2022, 03:19 PM
RE: creatures of the night - by Lysandros - 02-23-2022, 01:20 PM
RE: creatures of the night - by Antiope - 03-12-2022, 04:51 PM