Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- [P] A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 2
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

v r e i s

jealousy, turning saints into the sea
swimming through sick lullabies, chocking on your alibis
but it's just the price i pay, destiny is calling me
open up my eager eyes, 'cause i'm mr. brightside

She looked startled, alarmed, like she was ready to flee as he approached (perhaps it would have been more lucky for her, if she had). But while there was a part of Vreis that almost switched his angle for this, he stuck to his guns, his expression genuine, his concern obvious. Still her limbs had stiffened, and he kept his distance, waiting to see if she would give him the chance to assist to soothe her frazzled thoughts, or if she would run before he had the chance to prove his concern was genuine, or genuine enough at least.

As she looks him over, that instinct sweeps him, a knight standing to attention, the gleam of armor, the cloak around his shoulders, the blade that sits proudly at his side. Ever inch the valiant leader, the generous knight - the corrupted rebel hidden deep in his thoughts. One side of his being wanted to help reassure the mare that all would be okay, the other side was already looking to see what angle he could get from this, how she could end up owing him. Ever the manipulator. Ever the gentleman. Two sides playing tug of war with his conscious.

However, of all the things that seemed to soothe the skittish mare - it surprised him that it was his antlers, sharpened into weapons of their own, that drove her to a sense of ease. What an odd woman. Still he speaks gently, soothing, offering assistance, offering her protection, before offering a name. She seems to relax more as he speaks, and he is relieved to figure out he is playing the cards correctly, saying the right things, settling the mind that had been ready to flee, until she no longer is leaning away, no longer trying to produce more distance.

She then gives a name of which he can call her, Torielle, and he smiles, kind, reassuring, friendly, "Torielle," He repeats, "Sounds like an angelic name, fitting of a mare who pronounces her arrival with bells. Isn't that how angels are supposed to annoyance their approach? You're not a wingless angel are you, My Lady?" The night asks, his words soft, playful, teasing. Trying to ease her further, to make the air between them that of friends. The sooner she saw safety and friendship with him, the easier it would be to soothe her mind.

It was then he suggest food, offering to continue to keep her company, and he can see the nerves she still carries about the being that had alarmed her so fully, She nods, and he grins again, keeping still as she steps closer, letting her choose the distance, even as he motions for her to walk with him, his smile kind, "There is no need to thank me, I am only trying to do what any man aught to do in such a case. I promise, we're not all . . . vile pigs who chase when we're not wanted. Sometimes, the young bucks need to get slapped a few times before they learn to not rush in, and get to know a lady first." He reassured with a laugh.

He nods at her request, smiling even as she glances over her shoulder, "Far from here, well let's keep you in the festival. You were looking around earlier - which meant you have someone nearby. I'd hate to pull you too far away from them. There are a few shops on the other side of the festivities, however. We can get food over there and find a place where you can relax and settle back. I promise, should the man approach you again, I'll keep him at bay." He shakes his head again, laughing, "You really don't need to thank me. I'm new to Novus, your company so I'm not spending a festival alone, will be more than thanks enough. I wouldn't ask a lady of more." He assured, black eyes glittering, even if his mind ran with all of the possible ways she could thank him if she truly wanted.

Some one really should have trained that silly stallion up while he was still a colt on how to approach women. Perhaps he'll give some rudimentary pointers later. For now, the knight was determined to see this gem relax, to help reassure that not all males were brutes. And in the very recesses of his mind, the manipulator was grinning, gleeful at the potential of just where the thanks she felt she owed them could be taken.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Torielle
Notes: He can't decide if he's being nice to be nice, or if he should try to get something out of it, so he's just gonna let her think she's making all the decisions while he decides how this will play out xP

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
RE: [P] A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do - by Vreis - 02-25-2022, 04:22 PM