Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- [P] A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 2
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

v r e i s

jealousy, turning saints into the sea
swimming through sick lullabies, chocking on your alibis
but it's just the price i pay, destiny is calling me
open up my eager eyes, 'cause i'm mr. brightside

Vreis was working it, even if he wasn't really trying. His goal was less about charming her, and more about showing her it would be okay, that not everyone is out to be creepy. His teasing is light, playful. The sort of flirting that can be easily cast off as 'friends being friendly.' Of course, he was also a stallion, and so should she offer the chance to be 'really friendly,' well he'd eagerly take that too. But it wasn't the actual goal right now. Sometimes you have to lay the foundation before you can make the bed rock.

The stallion saw the smile, heard the tight laugh, and it was proof enough she was still a mess of nerves and uncertainness. He'd have to go pounding doors to find out who that reckless stallion was, and give him a stern talking to about upsetting a female so thoroughly. Maybe also offer a gift basket for making her easy picking for a fellow who knows how to charm like the best of them. He chuckles, letting his ears flick back, his posture shifting, his muzzle turning away from her - signs of embarrassment at her compliment, making himself appear just a little more boyish, a little less like that had been his intention, "Like I said miss, I wasn't trying to make myself out as something more than I am. Just your decent equine being, trying to make sure you're alright."

Clearly, she was falling victim to the charm, however, and there was a deep-rooted, primitive part of him - the part that thrived on the power of being in charge, of making others quake before him, that had him thrilled with this improvement. Yessssss, fall into him, see him as your savior, as your knight, as your protection and shining light. The knight in him however remained forefront, his expression still showing his concern, even as she seemed to take delight in his comment on her being with another.

He wasn't sure where that delight came from, was it a good thing that he noticed her. How did that not alarm her, that he had watched long enough to see those searching tells? Was she that comfortable that it didn't both her? Was she already so settled that she enjoyed the fact she had his attention? No, it was likely that layer of protection, his knowledge that she couldn't up and disappear without someone noticing. She couldn't have fallen under an unintentional spell so quickly.

At his laugh, she smiles softly, before admitting to not being a local, calling Novus unfamiliar, before her antlers chime like bells once again. The sound brings a smile to the stallion's face as well, and he cautiously reaches out, watching her, making sure it's okay for him to investigate the jewelry, that he wasn't encroaching on her space, before he'd let his muzzle bump a bell, the chiming bringing a brighter grin from his muzzle. "Cute." Was his only reaction, pulling back faster than he'd approached, before smiling with a soft sadness, "I can tell you of my stories, but they're not often happy tales. Let us find someplace where you can relax, shall we?"

He leads her further from the bonfire, from where Veil and Jane lay conversing, from where she had been speaking with Jarek, through some of the other tents, before coming across a more secluded area, small private areas arranged with smaller tents for others to relax, to converse, to get close. He chuckles, as if awkward, "It might be a little cramped, I'm sorry, I hadn't thought about how tight quarters these little hidey-holes were, just that they'd keep you out of his sight long enough for that stallion to likely trudge off from the night. If it bothers you, we can find somewhere else to sit." The stallion says with the air of a young teenager. Had he been human, one hand would have been shoved deep in his pockets, the other awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

But instead, he gently lifted back a flap of one of those little cubies, allowing her to choose if she wanted to enter, carefully angling his body so subtle body language would show his own shy acceptance of the situation. His muzzle having lifted the flap putting all the weight on her, so she'd have to be the one to embarrass him, making him drop the flap if she chose to walk away, the actions innocent, but all geared to encourage her to settle in close, to get used to him, subtle manipulations, to ensure Vreis got what he wanted, and while the knight swore it was for her own good, tucking her out of the eyes of that awkward beast, the manipulative rebel leader saw it as a chance to ensnare a pretty lady if his cards fell just right.

That manipulative side was determined to see her fold her hand before the knight was through, while the knight wasn't even aware there were cards out to play.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Torielle
Notes:

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
RE: [P] A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do - by Vreis - 02-25-2022, 10:32 PM