Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- [P] The things that you say

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
i'm not a fortune teller
don't have a crystal ball
i can't predict the future
can't see nothing at all
There is a point in anyone's day, that they just need to wander.

Caelum had hit that point about five customers ago, who had the audacity to ask if she really knows that her tea only has the freshest ingredients. The look on their face as she quietly smiled, pulled out herbs from her satchel at her feet, casually pushed them forward, and explained as gently as she could that tea is made with dried herbs was obnoxious. He then had the audacity to further question if she could guarantee that the teas where what she advertised. 

She had smiled wider, her eyes narrowed.

She had chopped the lemongrass, rose petals and eucalyptus in front of him, packaged it all up to be brewed in a cup, and kindly told him how he could have that package for free if he didn't stop by her booth again for the rest of the festival. She had a sneaking suspicion she wouldn't see him in her shop either, but the fae didn't mind. It had been the last bothersome interaction she could handle, however. 

So she had left her little stall.

She glided through the air, fairy dust left in her wake, her smile soft, quiet, that slight painful clinch in her eyes visible as she flew through the heart of the festivals that brought a melancholic, bittersweet feeling to her heart. To be part of a festival where fae weren't dancing and laughing freely just felt so wrong. But she didn't pause, didn't hesitate, even as those purple hyacinth that had been growing in her hair since she stepped into this festivities, didn't stop appearing, didn't stop bleeding petals. She had faith few would see the flowers, and know what they meant in regards to her mood.

Arriving at the slower festival tents, her ears perk at the sounds of disenchanted individuals.

Words of complaint and skepticism, all because a fortune teller had told them what they hadn't wanted to hear. Her curiosity was perked, and it wasn't long for her to find the tent that must have caused them such distress. The fae hesitated before touching hoof to ground, wincing at the volley of flowers that sprang up as soon as her hooves made purchase. Ignoring them, the summer fae approached the opening to the tent, her hoof gently wrapping against a hard piece of wood, careful to not knock the tent down, but also garnering the attention of the teller inside.

She felt that awkwardness settle, an emotion the fae hadn't felt for a long time.

She stood still, iridiscent wings folding against her back, with a final shower of fairy dust that seemed to encourage the flowers that grow where her hooves step, forming a small circle around her, bluebells, and yellow zinnia. Small sprigs of oleander surrounded by white poppies and dark crimson roses. All intermingling with that purple hyacinth that grows so strongly, even in her own hair.

The fae gently shifts back ivory hair, a slight smile on her muzzle as she garners the other's attention.

"I apologize for the intrusion, I do not see a sign declaring if you are open to visitors at the moment? I was wondering if you would have the time for a simple reading. I don't need much . . ." There's a pause, her hoof scraping against flowers, pulling up a few, "I don't even know what I would ask . . . " She laughs then, the sound shier than she normally exhibits, proof of how uncertain she is, how she's second guessing herself for her curiosity that led her to approach.

She looks down, her heart swaying, before she found her voice again.

"Perhaps I'm just lost . . . and have only begun to realize I need to search for answers." The fae looks up again, brown eyes warm in that storm-tinted face, "Oh, I'm being so rude, asking for services with out even introducing myself. My name is Caelum . . . Caelum Knoxx . . . and well, like I said, I'm not even sure why I'm here . . . just that . . . it seemed right?" Still she kept at the door, not about to intrude with out permission.

Even as she hoped some answers may await her inside.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Nefertari
Notes: <3

it doesn't mean i'm afraid
of all the things that you say
but i just think we should stay
stuck in the moment today
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
[P] The things that you say - by Caelum - 02-26-2022, 10:32 PM
RE: [P] The things that you say - by Nefertari - 03-01-2022, 10:50 PM