Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Shooting Stars [Private]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He listened to her carefully, nodding occasionally. He felt as though he had been wandering in the dark with a blindfold on, then Veil Nebula had come along and stripped the cloth from his eyes. He had been freed from an intergenerational religious fate, that was not actually fated. The path he had been traveling on had been altered and cleared for a different way forward.

“Until next time the Veil Nebula, I hope you find Torielle, and nothing is amiss.” he said softly nodding to her as she left.  He had much to consider, and much to contemplate. Novus was a place that had offered him a different outlook on life. His previous hopes and dreams now seemed to seethe with corruption. 

The grooves in his mind that had been worn into place as he grew would be difficult to change. But this interaction had given him faith. There were other options then taunting and unforgiving desert devils. Perhaps it was for the best that mostly he had felt their influence fading. Perhaps one day he would be truly free of their grasp all together. 

In the back of his mind he couldn’t help but worry about Torielle. He pushed the thoughts out, she was after all capable and had her own free will. It would be each moment now that he would second guess every thought and every moment. What was his own, and which of those were conditioning from his upbringing?  He shifted his weight and stood, thanking those serving the tea and made his leave from the festival. 

As he slowly walked into the darkness he began to pray. He prayed for Torielles liberty, for her safety, and for her happiness. He prayed for the Veil Nebula to find Torielle and that all her needs be met. He prayed to no one in particular, he wondered who was listening. He wondered if tonight he would dream of the Veil Nebula and Torielle running together beside him, in some other place, now he was free from the grasp of the devils.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-02-2022, 07:26 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-02-2022, 08:00 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-05-2022, 02:47 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-05-2022, 11:57 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-06-2022, 11:34 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-07-2022, 12:09 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-07-2022, 02:06 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-08-2022, 08:19 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-08-2022, 11:00 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-08-2022, 02:22 PM