Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - !! clinging to life

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

share with me the blankets that you're wrapped in
because it's cold outside, cold outside, it's cold outside

Callynite

share with me the secrets that you kept in
because it's cold inside, cold inside, it's cold inside

The night hung heavy like a blanket, wrapping around the doe with a familiarity that came from settling into a pattern; a way of life among Delumine and her citizens. A year now; she'd been carefully building the court up. She'd been trying to encourage others to come. The Spring Festival had been a startling success, and with plans on the horizon for another event; she was more than satisfied with the work she'd been able to put forth thus far into her tenure as queen. So she moved towards the bed where her mate was already dreary-eyed; and squeezed in next to him, taking care of the heavy belly that housed their growing child. Leaning into Huehuecoyotl's side was easy. Settling down is easy. Her eyes had just begun to shut when a sudden ping of alarm, of emergency, reached her; and she jolted up, muttering soft apologies to her mate.

Her gaze was immediately in the direction of Viride Forest; where the energy hummed in a frantic way, calling out for her. Her magic was deeply tied into the very roots, the ley lines of energy that crossed over Delumine, but none was as strong as her connection to that very forest. And now that magic was pulsating with the energy in those lines, desperate for her attention; for her assistance. "Rest Coy, the Forest just needs me for a moment. I'll be fine, and I'll be careful. We both know the forest would never let anything happen to me." She muttered the reassurances, nuzzling her mate back down into the pillows with gentle firmness, not even letting him get the chance to demand to tag along.

She left the citadel quickly, a cloak wrapped tight around her against the chill of a Summer Night; and immediately made her way towards Viride. As if sensing her movements (and perhaps the natural energy; that natural magic could); the thrumming hum of desperation seemed to get wilder. As she moved, her gaze turned a little distant; until she felt like she was seeing two different planes; metaphorically speaking. Her gaze still saw the trees around her; keeping her from running into anything; but her focus drew to the natural plane of energy, where those energy lines flowed. Magic flared out as she touched into it; tapping into those leylines and observing everything she could in it: the peaceful blips of sleeping forest animals, the meanderings of nighttime guards - sorting through the familiar for whatever was out of place.

Finally; she found the source, a flaring sense of energy twisting in chaotic tendrils of pain and weakness, dim against the vibrancy of the energy around it. But it was also where the ley lines were brightest as if lighting the way to whomever the Forest was calling her to assist. Finally with a direction in mind; the doe entered the forest. Instantly her word was alive with those sounds others wouldn't be able to hear. Where some heard the rustling of leaves in the wind; the soft movement of bramble and branches - voices sprang to her mind. The trees leaned towards her eagerly, the grasses clung to her as she passed; and the forest whispered to her about what she would find. Lost Soul. Searching for Days. Weaker. Not Eating Well. Hurry.

It was proof of the situation; the way the plants; the trees who were NOTORIOUS for gossip were so quick to get her going. But she thanked them nonetheless, and she set off faster. It never did feel quite fast enough - but perhaps that was natural when you're racing towards an emergency.

She just needs to go faster.

The lines blare; energy flashing to keep her on the right trail until finally, she sees the figure ahead - down on the ground. The doe slows, keeping her steps light; keep her features peaceful but concerned. Her magic is sent out, the grass growing softer, lighter around her - around this stranger as she approaches, to ease what must be a weary being; Cally was no stranger to how inhospitable areas of the Forest could be for a good night's rest. Though; as she approached to see the withered appearances; of neglectful habits; of less than ideal amounts of nutrition - she was certain this stranger needed more than just rest. The pregnant doe made sure to make enough noise in her approach to letting the other know she was there (not really a hard feat to accomplish when she was carrying the weight of herself and an unborn child; and didn't have her normal dexterity to move silently through her chosen domain). "Excuse me . . ." Her voice is soft, cautious but concerned, "I don't want to disturb you . . . but, are . . . are you alright?" She doesn't explain how she knows to check on the stranger.

She knew explaining that the Forest sent her isn't always the best way to explain her magic. Still, she approaches closer, ignoring the way the trees seem to still bend towards her. How the flowers nestled in for the night, open their petals to her, clinging to her limbs more firmly than the grasses did; eager to touch upon the doe that took up a position of Guardianship for Delumine, for the Forest; for the people. "I do not believe I've seen you around - Or if I have; it must have been in passing . . ." She says it gently, unaccusatory; merely trying to make conversation; to see how with it the other is if she can be able to get her to a safer place than where she collapsed on the forest floor; "My name is Callynite; I'm Sovereign of Delumine." She adds for explanation; "Is there anything I can do to help you . . . ?" Because she didn't think she'd ever seen anyone as desperately needing for help.

And Callynite was never one to back down from helping someone in need.

Especially a Deluminian.

and your slowly shaking finger tips
show that you're scared like me so

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Kindred
Notes: <3

let's pretend we're alone
and i know you may be scared
and i know we're unprepared
but i don't care

Artwork ©Bingo