Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - !! clinging to life

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline HeartfullOfJess [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 6
Signos: 305
Dawn Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  14.1 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: Healing  |    Bonded: N/A

we know your name child.
How long? How long? Did she know? How long? How long? Long. Definitely long. How long?! Kindred struggles, her brain attempting to parse through the days, weeks, months in groups of five. Her brows furrow eyes hazing over for a moment as her breathing quickens. ”Maybe... two... no...” she pauses, five seconds and fear fills her body as her subconscious yanks a memory to the forefront. ”We were hunting a poacher, or a monster. I was trying to help... Determine if missing parts might be significant...”

Kindred shakes her head, failing to see how the length of time out here even mattered. Wren had gone missing, and now she was afraid whatever had been injuring the creatures of this forest had gotten to her twin as well. She tried to push forward, offering her name and attempting to bow, only to make a further fool of herself as the Queen used her pregnant belly to hold Kindred up. Carefully, she manages to pull herself back to her feet with the support of the doe next to her who is only ever so slightly taller than her. ”Apologies, m’lady...” she says, voice soft and embarrassed.

Still, the sovereign wishes to aid her, the stupid girl who was killing herself slowly in the forest. Her blue eyes look up, finally meeting eyes with Cally as she whispered the next words, ”If I stop looking she’ll die...” Five breaths. ”I couldn’t reach a soft bed if I wanted to at this point...”

Kindred shudders, ”And if I stop, signs of her that blow in could disappear again. I-” No. It was all wrong. Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Wide eyes peer around, suddenly perturbed by the fact that Cally had been stepping along the path Kindred had trekked through. Cally’s cloven hoof prints littered the path. What if she had trodden down one of Wren’s feathers?! Her heart starts to race, breath faltering as she hears the thudding of her heart in her head. 

Messed up.

All wrong. 

Her pattern was broken.

Wren can’t be dead, please...

Her ears pin to the side a little in despair as she begins to tremble, tears trapped deep in her throat. They were supposed to be symbols of death for the clan she was born into. They weren’t supposed to die this young...

@Callynite
woven across countless almost-lives
[Nikkayla's Art Piece] and @heartfullofjess 's coding

Messages In This Thread
!! clinging to life - by Kindred - 04-02-2022, 04:13 AM
RE: !! clinging to life - by Callynite - 04-10-2022, 05:51 AM
RE: !! clinging to life - by Kindred - 04-11-2022, 03:22 AM
RE: !! clinging to life - by Callynite - 04-18-2022, 11:02 PM
RE: !! clinging to life - by Kindred - 04-28-2022, 02:14 AM
RE: !! clinging to life - by Callynite - 05-20-2022, 10:21 AM
RE: !! clinging to life - by Kindred - 05-28-2022, 03:28 AM
RE: !! clinging to life - by Callynite - 06-03-2022, 10:57 AM