Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Passing through; on a memory

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
Shatter every window 'til it's all blow away
every brick, every board, every slamming door blown away
'til there's nothing left standing, nothing left of yesterday
The runaway queen was not expecting a friendly face.

She tilted her head as she called his name, watching him curiously as he had seemed to follow the trail of those blasted feathers that refused to do anything but grow in her wake. A rather obvious calling card, they were. Yet, even from the distance, she was curious about the shift in his demeanor; in his stance. Where before he was proud until the mention of his roots; he now stood more weary - as if the very ground had shook beneath his hooves and he was relearning his balance in a precarious moment of leap or fall. Her name fell from his maw in that same gravelled tone she associated with the mineral encrusted being.

She smiles at the mention of the weather.

The summer fae turns her head towards the sky, the sunlight streaming down to touch upon her pelt, warming the stormy hues of her pelt, "I am rather grateful for the season. I always feel . . . more myself; when summer rolls around." She agrees; turning her chocolate eyes back his way; "I should always consider summer a shift for the better. It feels of home." She admits, though there is also a twitch; a slight shift of the shadows that cloud her gaze at the mention of home - knowing hers will never taste of summer again; that ash still penetrated the air; that the formerly beautiful kingdom of her people had succumbed to the ruins of a ravaged nation.

Her home was dead.

She laughs at the mention of the flowers; even as her muzzle twitches at the possession he offers her of them. They weren't hers, they weren't supposed to be. They were her mother's flowers. They were her mother's gift. She was just a child dressed in her mother's finery, and smearing lipstick across her cheeks, a fake; a fraud. "They are a rather telling trail for where one may be able to find me; are they not. I suppose I should be grateful I have no enemies in Novus; least it lead them to me." There's a thrum at her neck, a slightly brighter flash of Tiana's light, and the spirit seems unnaturally upset at such a thought.

Caelum shushes her mentally.

The necklace calms with the promise that they can discuss it later. Right now; she could enjoy the run in with a familiar face, "How are you settling into Novus then? Is it any better than before?" She asks conversationally with a friendly smile. She tilts her curiously, motioning towards the creek she had been approaching, "Would you care to join me? I would not turn away company, particularly if said company has only positive tales to tell of his coming to find Novus a place to call home."

Novus had a way of healing after all.

She had been finding that healing in Denocte for a while now.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Jarek
Notes: Tada!

every tear-soaked whiskey memory blown away
blown away, blown away, blown away, blown away, blown away
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-14-2022, 08:44 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-14-2022, 11:40 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-18-2022, 11:50 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-19-2022, 06:40 AM