Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Passing through; on a memory

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her mention of home and of heat stirred an uneasy unrest somewhere deep within his mind. He needed to find a new meaning to the term of home. This place had to become his home; with all he had learnt his homelands may as well be an alien planet. Inhospitable and unreachable. To return would ensure he would perish, to continue down the path of his own kind, would result in destruction. He had to do better.

He felt relieved at her invitation to join her, it felt natural and smooth. “It would be my pleasure” he replied in his distinctive graveled voice. He felt that there was perhaps more that he could learn from Caelum. 

“Much has changed since we last spoke Caelum. My previous perception of time and of place was warped. I have learnt much.  The place I once called home, is actually a prison. In a way I am homeless, I simply hope that in time I can find a meaningful place to exist.  I have forsaken my ancestry, I have learnt much of their lies and hatred. “ he felt like he needed to tell her each and every detail. It was difficult to place words to, but in a way he felt uplifted and hopeful.

The desert devils no longer rode his back. He had shaken himself free of those. But what was left, felt almost like a waiting void, just biding its time to consume him. It was moments like these that reminded him to contest the darkness that had grown within him. It was not him, it was simply a product of his existence to this point. He would continue to challenge it each step of the way.  

He stopped for a moment mentally to consider one of her previous statements. “You’d simply need to plant little paths of your flowers all over, that’d throw them off.” he said with a soft chuckle.  “It would be a captivating way to decorate a place also.” 

“I am ignorant of the politics of this place. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to how it all works around here?” If he was to find a place that was suitable for him he would require more knowledge. Maybe Caelum knew something more of pointing him in the right direction.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-14-2022, 08:44 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-14-2022, 11:40 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-18-2022, 11:50 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-19-2022, 06:40 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-25-2022, 01:18 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-25-2022, 04:52 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-26-2022, 12:47 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-27-2022, 04:10 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-28-2022, 07:36 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 05-01-2022, 10:52 AM