Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Passing through; on a memory

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
Shatter every window 'til it's all blow away
every brick, every board, every slamming door blown away
'til there's nothing left standing, nothing left of yesterday
The mare tilted her head with a gentle expression upon her features. Though, as was typical of the fae, that expression was largely based on an outward appearance. Inside, her emotions usually remained a mess. But, company wasn't horrible, and so as she offered to share company, it was with honest, and pure intent of interacting with another. Perhaps a chance to further create connections to bind her tighter to Novus - tighter to a new world. Tighter from the reins she was running from.

The runaway queen would do anything to keep running from the past after all. She turned curiously towards him, whisps of ivory hair falling down the side of her face as she listened to him speak of changes in perception of time and place being warped. "A great . . . . man once told me. The day we stop learning, is the day we stop thriving. To learn and to grow is how we become the best we can be. To learn how to better help those around us, and grow in a way to support our friends, our family." And most importantly, Caelum; it's how we know we are ruling our kingdom fairly. We must grow with our people, see what they need; and learn as they do - so we can always ensure their survival, their happiness, their prosperity. To do the best for our people should be our utmost desire, and I know, you too; will achieve greatness for the Summer Fae as their queen one day. She had achieved something alright, the destruction of the Summer Fae. Her crowning came upon the ends of their destruction. Queen of a dead land. Queen of a scattered people. Some queen.

She forces her attention back to Jarek, knowing his words would provide the escape from those memories she needed, and she's alarmed that he would consider his former home a prison, before stating himself homeless, needing a place to exist. She hesitates for a long moment, before finally speaking. "Before finding Novus, I myself was a wayward petal being pushed from place to place by the wind. Searching for meaning to a world that felt dead and void around me." Her words are softly spoken, almost a whisper. "I come from a kingdom, and land now in ruin. Our foolish princess had wished to aid those who were being hunted by another, only for our land, our kingdom to come under the attack by those who felt slighted for their property - their slaves - being taken from them. Her good actions cost the kingdom our beloved King and Queen; our town, our home burnt to the ground, and ransacked for all its worth. I can understand coming to Novus, feeling lost, and just searching for a place to exist."

She tilted her head, her brown eyes carrying a weight of thousands of lives she had destroyed in one fell swoop, "Denocte has been my saving grace, and perhaps I would suggest to you too, find a way from the vagabond life style. A nomadic way of life is not one to promise you shelter, safety, and a meaningful place to exist. It will not grant you a home, a safe haven." She instructed gently, "While you have taken steps to better yourself, the next step should be a way to better yourself in one place. Whether it is by taking to a herd land to call your place of residence, while maintaining a segregation from the populace by maintaining a vagabond status - or by fully intertwining yourself with such a herd; and taking on their court title, you may find the meaningful place, only by the people you would then be able to surround yourself with."

She smiled faintly at the idea of planting such little paths of of flowers, before looking down at the ones gathered around her, as if nuzzling into the darkened navy of her limbs, "Captivating, yes . . . but it is not a gift I am fond of . . . It was my mother's gift . . . and taking it now helps cement the fact that my parents are gone from this world, to join our brethren in the sky." She sighs softly, "My magic is my birth right, and upon it's awakening as I would come into fae majority, my parents were supposed to be at my side to help me learn to master the arts. Instead, I find myself overcome with the knowledge I now wield my parents' gifts. A reminder of what I have lost." Well her mother's gift, really . . . Her father's gift had not yet been passed onto her, and she was fighting it with every breath she had. The Summer Queen was running from Summer itself.

She looks up in surprise at his next question, blinking, and suddenly she wondered if she'd given too much of her background away from him to ask such a question -- surely not though, he was asking of the politics of Novus, where she was a teashop owner, a medic, "I suppose I can be of assistance. I am fairly close with the sovereigns of Denocte, so I know a fair bit of the ongoing politics. To begin with, there are four nations in Novus, if you are not aware. Delumine is the land of the Dawn Court, who are governed by Callynite, a doe who has been in power for a little over a year now. Day Court rules over the land Solterra, with Leviathan, a rather grisly older stallion as their king. Dusk Court resides with in Terrastella, under the council of Liam and Uzuri. And lastly, my home; Denocte is the land of the Night Court, and we are guided by Isra and her mate, Luvena; who is my best friend."

The fae glances his way, to see if he is following along well enough. "Most of the courts are in fairly decent communication, with no current strife as I am aware of it, though many of the other courts have grown stagnant lately. I cannot speak with certainty on some of the other sovereigns, as I have had little interaction with them. Callynite is a proud deer who holds the care of her people as her most important mission. Liam is a kind gentleman, who tends to believe in creating ties with others to further support the building of his own Court. Luvena and Isra cherish the individuality of Denocte, wishing to see our people grow in their pride of self. Leviathon is a fairly gruffer individual, war-hardened, but passionate about building up Day from the darkness. Although, I have not heard much about him in a while. I have not heard of him stepping down either.

"Is there anything in relation to the politics in particular you are curious about?
" She adds, more than willing to dive deep into this conversation - and to chase away the darkness that had been closing in on her so drastically, since Tiana awoke as her bonded companion.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Jarek
Notes: Tada!

every tear-soaked whiskey memory blown away
blown away, blown away, blown away, blown away, blown away
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-14-2022, 08:44 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-14-2022, 11:40 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-18-2022, 11:50 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-19-2022, 06:40 AM