Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The start of something new

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline EighthWonder [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 5
Signos: 1,990
Dawn Court Medic
Intersex [He / Him / They / Them]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liseli

The Dusk court?

Liselis face twisted slight and he shifted from his previous tenser stance to a more relaxed one though his mind was in the opposite way. He was curious about the strange who seemed to have him talking more than usual. She stood as she’d been when a red dog-like creature came abounding out of the bushes nearer to her. He’d never seen an animal quite like it. Tall in the legs with a shaggy but lengthy red coat. Apparently he had been staring a bit and he broke his eye contact back to the mare. Uzuri was her name. Apparently the shaggy wolf next to her also had one too, Neema. How peculiar. 

He’d always heard of the bondeds, creatures you could speak to and become friends with. While he had never seen one, it seemed like a happy union. Taking care of each other. In an odd way Liseli felt as though he too had bondeds. He found the similar type of companionship through the animals in the forest and of the lands, thought they didn’t speak to him. Liseli would’ve never been one to have taken the creature away from what they were naturally, but he didn’t hate the idea. Should I ever befriend a creature they way they have it would probably be a toad… or a porcupine. They wouldn’t care to talk much… He cut off his internal musings with a short smile on the size of his rose muzzle. 

His thoughts were cut short again when the mare… Uzuri… started to speak again. She actually agreed with staying in the forest? From what was used to a creature who seemed as well taken care of as her wouldn’t think of living in the woods among the dirt fun. It was a nice relief to hear through. She scanned their surroundings with her lightened brown eyes, maybe she was making a joke. But Liseli decided she wasn’t. She did however seem to muse about court life. That with her clean coat made him wonder. He took a step closer to her coming better in to a patch of light through the trees his coat illuminating as the shadows danced over his board shoulders. 

He was going to speak before the mare started again, she talked a lot, and it reminded Liseli of someone he used to have great fondness for. In fact this was all a bit in the deja-vu style for him. But he need not think of that now. He responded to the mares initial remarks first, "The court… I suppose I do belong to the Dawn Court but I have yet to meet Cally. Related if you are, you must be some type of high member. I wish I could muse the same but I admitadly would be lying. Much of the general social frustrations I think keep many from the true wonders the world has to offer."

He hoped his bold statement didn’t come off as rude. He never had much taste for company, wandering was in his bones. "Mainly went there for the healers, but it seems of late they have had more than enough… so here I stay until I can be of true use." He snorted trying to break the tension growing in his mind. The familiar feelings setting off mild alarms in his body… but in a good way. He took to answering his last question a bit surprised by her own curiosity. He took his antlered head back and gestured softly to the small hill behind him.

"I wouldn’t know if it’d be fun to you, but come this way." He turned away from the equine-canine pair and waltzed slowly up the little ridge stepping lightly as he could. From his wandering earlier searching for the damned mushroom he had seen a small rabbits nest just aways. He was the type to always share those small discoveries to anyone who’d shone curiosity. He was not stingy with his observations. Before getting too far away he said in a quieter tone, "Step lightly or the mother will take them…"

"Speech" | TAGS:  @Uzuri |  NOTES: HE is trying so hard not to be awkward.

Messages In This Thread
The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-01-2022, 01:09 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-02-2022, 01:02 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-02-2022, 03:28 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-02-2022, 04:24 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-02-2022, 06:29 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-12-2022, 03:08 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-16-2022, 10:30 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-30-2022, 04:53 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-30-2022, 12:32 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 06-02-2022, 05:13 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 06-02-2022, 02:43 PM