Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The start of something new

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Uzuri

« No Damsel in distress, don’t need to save me. »

As they spent time together, Uzi found herself relaxing more and more into the mare that she hid under the happy facade. The mare that longed for more in her simple life, that was beginning to wonder if she deserved anything further. She had tried for more once before with no luck. Hard to not believe that she didn’t deserve more when her attempts had failed so miserably. 

Shaking the thoughts away, she looked him. There was a moment of emotion from the stallion and she tilted her head away to give him his moment. She was not ready to try to comfort him, not sure how he would react to said attempts. 

His words made her smile and she beamed at him. "The choice to give or take space is something that you should have a choice in before simply being bombarded by another. I do appreciate your closeness. I have never let another this close, outside of my brother. But he is a pain in the rear and not the sort to be comfortable being close to anyone but his mate." She laughed softly as she let herself relax into his warmth. His words were soft, but she found herself hopeful as she looked up at him. "I… I would like that. You would be welcome in the citadel with me, or I have my old home if you would rather a more private space." She offered in a whisper, warm chocolate eyes trained on his features as she waited.

His question was met with a nearly silent snort. "It is rather boring…" She warned softly before she started. "I was born in Novus… though my mother and I were vagabonds to begin with. We eventually settled in Dawn and were happy for a time… When she passed, I was adrift. I had no one to belong to any more, no place where I felt at home. A Dusk court soldier found me and offered me a place to belong." She said, trying to get through the painful moments of her past quickly before focusing more on who she was and how she became the sovereign.

"I trained, and trained some more. I was determined to be the best that I could be. At one point, I was the Champion of Battle… but that life felt hollow." She paused, looking at the burrow for a moment. "My brother was happily fascinated by his mate, and my own attempt at finding romance had failed so spectacularly… I left Novus. I needed a break to get a chance to find who I am and what I want. I found a blacksmith, felt the passion that came with that craft. Yet that was not enough to keep me happy. I came home. The relationship with my brother was all that I had left at that point. So I hid in my old home and let the metal speak to me." She stopped there, glancing up at Liseli. "Eventually, the last sovereign asked me to become his partner in leadership… then decided shortly after to step down and leave me to lead alone with no idea how." She laughed softly, shaking her head. "And now I am here, beside you. I think this is the first place that I truly felt like myself in a very long time. What about you?" She asked softly, a part of her hoping that she wasnt being too forward.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Liseli
Notes: Omg I love them so much <3 and no worries darling! It has been utter chaos in my world lately as well
Credit: Character by Chaosy, Art by LizzArtStudios

Messages In This Thread
The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-01-2022, 01:09 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-02-2022, 01:02 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-02-2022, 03:28 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-02-2022, 04:24 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-02-2022, 06:29 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-12-2022, 03:08 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-16-2022, 10:30 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-30-2022, 04:53 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-30-2022, 12:32 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 06-02-2022, 05:13 AM