Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - No damsels in distress here (Asta)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 30 — Threads: 11
Signos: 25
Dusk Court Merchant
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

A s t a
do you believe in reinarnation?
'cause i thought i saw your soul
Asta stares at the line of empty cups on the table, the rag she had been using to clean the cups set off to the side, and an unopened bottle of alcohol just with in reach. The closed sign on the door had been there since the day she had ran from the Citadel. She hadn't wanted to see anyone after all. If she hid from the world, perhaps she could hide from the truth. How long before Liam and Bucky actually left town, to be together. Together forever in their own little family - they didn't need her. A reminder of another time. They had each other - and they would move on together. It was better than if she tried to keep sticking around only to continue to get hurt, after all. That was all that waited her if she was stupid enough to try to hold onto the feel of family. She didn't get family. She got a brief reprieve from loneliness, before having to start all over and never seeing any of them again.

She shouldn't have pushed like she did this life time. She should have followed her rules. Should have gone with the flow. Behaved. Been the ideal daughter that she was expected to be. Just went with it. Make it through the life, and start over again when she died and restarted. She quietly sits up, before jumping as hooves clipped against the wooden floor, announcing a visitor, "Can't ya read?! We're closed 'round here!" Asta called out aggressively, spinning around to only pause in shock to see Uzuri there, her name quietly being called. Asta seems to melt back to the table, staring down at the cups once more. "What are you doin' here Uzuri? Did I forget somethin' at the Citadel? Wouldn't be surprised, tried to get out of there before Da- . . . 'fore Liam could stop me." She sighed, as she stood up and faced her Sovereign more firmly, her gaze calm, simple, but emotionless. "Why are you here? If it's to talk about me, I'm fine, and there's nothing to talk about. I'm comfortably moved into the series of rooms above the bar, and I'll . . . I'll be fine." Her gruff tone wasn't disrespectful, but there was an air of exhaustion to her, of someone who haven't slept well, who haven't ate well, who was using 'fine' as a cover.

Deep down . . . Asta was still just feeling stupid and empty. Not wanting to think about things further to realize her thoughts would be accurate, or worst; if her mind was cruelly playing jokes for 'the worst case scenario' and she'd really, and truly screwed up. She should have followed her own rules all along. She made them for a reason, so many life times ago. Novus should have not been the exception . . . her rules had been rules for a reason.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Uzuri
Notes:

flashing and dancing on the horizon
shades of jade and emerald

Artist Credit to Bingo

Messages In This Thread
No damsels in distress here (Asta) - by Uzuri - 05-08-2022, 04:30 PM
RE: No damsels in distress here (Asta) - by Asta - 05-18-2022, 05:57 PM
RE: No damsels in distress here (Asta) - by Uzuri - 05-18-2022, 06:22 PM
RE: No damsels in distress here (Asta) - by Asta - 06-02-2022, 11:06 PM