Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - No damsels in distress here (Asta)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 30 — Threads: 11
Signos: 25
Dusk Court Merchant
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

The mare seemed to deflate at the laughter from her new Queen. Queen. How stupid. How silly. And it wasn't even like she could complain about it. From what little bit she had heard, Uzuri had been doing well - really well even. But . . . But a new Queen, it was like proof that Liam and Bucky where gone. Ran off to some happy and comfortable home for just them to live happily ever after - likely somewhere here in Dusk, holed up and happy and . . . and she was here, miserable; alone, abandoned. Always abandoned. A rock forgotten at the bottom of the lake while the rest of the world moves on. Isn't that what the mind-reader-fortune-teller mare had said? She'd called it right, hadn't she? That's all Asta had, was a life on repeat while the rest of the world moved on by, forgetting her as the world spins, and those she loved, comes to pass; gone to the next place . . . and she starts over.

Again, and again, and again. Over, and over, and over. Never stopping. A forgotten rock indeed. Pretty sure ain't no one gonna call ya a dumb brute, majesty. The mare responds from where her face is pressed into the wood, as if it would provide some sort of life line for her. Asta doesn't look up at Uzi's next words, but her ears pivot slightly, Dunno how much good yer offer o' friendship is. Don't know for sure what you've heard of me, but I ain't the best for friendship. Fuck, I make enemies easier than most, pompous assholes who don't know what real tribulations are. The mare replies with a gruff growl.

Asta finally, slowly lifts her head, I don't have any doubt that your being honest right now, but frankly Uzuri, I don't really know you. Not only do I not know you, but you don't know anything about me. What makes you think that you could help me with any of my problems. Because you assume you're older than I am? You have all the answers and can be some insightful older sibling, no. sorry; friend, you're saying you don't want to step up as family. Not that I can blame you. I'm a fuck up Uzuri, with issues you wouldn't be able to wrap your mind around. But there was no bite to her words, just exhaustion - a lot of exhaustion.

As Uzi sat down, Asta moved on instinct, a glass suddenly filling with the opened bottle, and pushed in front of the other mare. It's not the emotional struggle of his choices. It's the fact I was stupid enough to forget to not to trust others. I know better than that. This ain't my first rodeo. The mare falls quiet, least she say too much, I don't make connections, I don't like to. And I dropped all of that for the chance at something more legitament. It was stupid of me. I'm not family . . . His family is Bucky. I'm just some mare he saw a need to save. Except no one could save her for the way her life, no one could save her from the type of history she lived. The type of curse she had 0 a curse of forever.

When Uzi spoke again, about how she was holding up, and commenting on not bothering with 'fine,' Asta frowned with another sigh, I'm fine, really. Fine enough. I don't really wanna talk, ain't got much to say, to be honest. I'm getting by . . . I just . . . The mare sighed before standing, taking the rest of the glasses to bar where she could put them away, I don't have anything to say, don't know right where I'd start anyway. I'm just being stupid anyway . . . If I'm not fine now . . . I will be. At some point. Maybe by the time she concludes this life and can start all over and put this Asta behind her.

“Talk.”
(Alternate color for thoughts).
do you believe in reincarnation?
'cause i thought i saw your soul
x | x

Messages In This Thread
No damsels in distress here (Asta) - by Uzuri - 05-08-2022, 04:30 PM
RE: No damsels in distress here (Asta) - by Asta - 05-18-2022, 05:57 PM
RE: No damsels in distress here (Asta) - by Uzuri - 05-18-2022, 06:22 PM
RE: No damsels in distress here (Asta) - by Asta - 06-02-2022, 11:06 PM
RE: No damsels in distress here (Asta) - by Uzuri - 07-19-2022, 03:40 PM