Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A Balm for the Blasphemous

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 3
Signos: 125
Day Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 14 — Atk: 6 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

s w a h i l i

take a drunk girl home
let her sleep all alone
leave her keys on the counter
your number by the phone
pick up her life she threw on the floor

Okay, maybe it wasn't her? Maybe this stallion really was just more on the antisocial and dismissive side? Thought . . . didn't he know horses were meant to be herd animals? They pack together, for safety, for numbers, for strengths. Together, the whole is mightier than the solo sort of thing. Or that's what the books she has read always said - and when you live in an isolated wing of a massive mansion and only really saw one other individual who lived his life in study - you tended to study too. Though Addy studied to take over for their father one day as Heir to house Atraer, whereas Swa did it purely to learn, to read, to pass the time.

But she did feel the slight tinge of pride in her chest at the realization she had surprised this stallion. Of course, she was well-read, she was a daughter of a proud house, and it was her duty (her desperation) to make him proud (to get him to notice her). Still, he seemed so hesitating, stalling, as if lost in his own thoughts. She was carrying this conversation - but then, that surprise slowly left his features, and the look that came up had her hide prickling with displeasure. That looked oddly like skepticism and lots of it.

She'd just have to prove it. She wouldn't be bullied into running away with her tail between her legs. He was definitely a sour fellow, perhaps he needed a little sunshine, hmm? And so she stayed, she offered more information (if only to prove she did know what she talked about). And then offering to even lead the way if he should care to see it. His quick dismissal however had her blinking in surprise, with a rough snort, "Well, alright then. Perhaps be a little gentler in your quick dismissal, hmm? It's not like the desert world is that bad." She retorted with a small frown, assuming his issues would have to be with the sand and heat. After all, who wouldn't want to visit the different landmarks? Even if for only trading purposes?

Horses were meant to be herd animals, remember? When he spoke again, it was with a step closer to her, and she ignores his curious tilt to his head, to instead watch the dirt fall from his haunches again. She really needed to figure out what that was about. It had to be magic right? Maybe? I'm not looking for anything specific, her head jumped back up before he asked if she knew what grows in the plains. She pauses briefly, before nodding after a moment. "I know a few . . . There was a book, back at the manor about plains herbs, and their uses. I made sure to memorize at least some of the basic ones that seemed the most important to keep on hand, and wouldn't require a trained hand to use."

Her gaze has left him, looking around before seeing what would appear to be a simple patch of orange flower-like plants. Immediately she motioned for him to follow, pointing them out with her nose, "These ones, I remember, I collect them myself when I notice I'm low. They're some sort of milkweed, not sure the type. Named after an insect I think? Moth? Butterfly? Something. Anyway, the roots can be used in them for coughing or lung issues. You can also apply them to wounds, either by chewing them first, or drying them into a powder. But I've not used them for that. Mostly it's for if I get caught in a sand storm and the sand hurts my throat." She explains, before looking around again.

While in some of the patches of flowers, she knew another one to look for, the odd purple flower with the giant cone-like center. Finding it, she blossomed into a smile, immediately picking it telekinetically to hold out to him, "This one too, has a lot of use in the desert, as it can be used as an antidote for anything with a venomous bite or sting: snakes, and scorpions. I've also read that it can be burnt to help with the distemper disease." She added thoughtfully. "Most of the ones I remember best are flowers, so you'll have to bare with me while I remember what they look like. I know spiderwort is around here somewhere, small flower, three petals almost like at triang- Ah, there it is! This one, you can crush the leaves into a poultice, and it treats insect bites and stings."

She hesitates at this point, her ears falling back apologetically, "Those are the only ones I know well enough to identify though . . . I get most of my herbs from different dealers in the alley; these ones I can come collect myself because they're flowers and easier for me to find - and quicker to grab." Her ears perk forward, remembering how he had said he was a medic, "Do you know any others though? I'd love to be able to learn more. The books I've read aren't very descriptive, after all; and never seem to agree on what is good for what." She asked with wide, hopeful eyes once more turned up to him, "I promise I won't be in the way, either! Plus, any excuse to not go home just yet is always welcome." She'd rather be in his less than enthusiastic company than isolated alone in her wing of the manor once more.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Ogden
Notes: <3

Lineart © Vizseryn @ DA; Character/Design © Dyzzie

Messages In This Thread
A Balm for the Blasphemous - by Ogden - 06-05-2022, 09:31 AM
RE: A Balm for the Blasphemous - by Swahili - 06-05-2022, 11:07 AM
RE: A Balm for the Blasphemous - by Ogden - 06-06-2022, 01:59 AM
RE: A Balm for the Blasphemous - by Swahili - 06-06-2022, 05:03 PM
RE: A Balm for the Blasphemous - by Ogden - 06-07-2022, 08:07 AM
RE: A Balm for the Blasphemous - by Swahili - 06-07-2022, 08:44 AM