Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - i want so much more than they've got planned

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ygraine

she'll always float
back through my mind like smoke

This particular morning, the grey lady was thankful that the weather was not quite as oppressive as it could have been. The air was not thick with humidity like many days before had been, but rather it was light and clean as the morning breeze fluttered through the grasses and plant life around where she rested. This particular day, she had taken refuge in one of the many meadows spread about the land of Delumine and was more than content to lie there sternal with her belly to the cool earth while her back basked in the warmth of morning sun. She had to admit, she was still getting used to enjoying this kind of weather; she didn't recall generally pleasant weather on the mountain and the places her travels took her tended to have more a unsettled climate. Despite that, Ygraine was quite appreciative of the temperate environment she'd found herself in as of late and she would have been lying if she hadn't given silent thanks to the Gods when she woke this morning. 

Her fores were tucked under her chest where she rested, hind limbs out to the side while she lazily enjoyed her quiet morning; maybe later she would go out exploring. The seemingly endless abundance of flowers growing nearby piqued her interest, many of them being types she was not exactly familiar with and it would have been wise of her to maybe try and surmise if any of them had any properties that were beneficial to her or not. Of course, experimenting within reason; no need to get sick over foolish judgement. Her agenda was surely laid out for her for the rest of the day, but for now she chose to ignore it. Ygraine was more than content lying where she was, nibbling on the grasses easily accessible around her. 

Despite her looking rather complacent where she was, the grullo lady still kept her wits about her. Her ears were constantly turning this way and that, processing the sounds around her and subconsciously determining if danger was afoot or not. Her nares were breathing deep, paying close mind to the scents around her in case of any change on the wind she needed to be made aware of. So although she looked relaxed as one could be, she was poised to leap to her feet at a moment's notice if need be. As of late, everything seemed quiet besides the usual symphony of the biome. Though she soon noticed a rustling not too far off to to the east of her that seemed out of place with the soundtrack around her. Unable to see the cause from where she was, the pale faced lady sprung to her feet and looked out to the expanse of the meadow, her pale eyes narrow and focused while she searched for the source. Hopefully it wasn't going to warrant a fight; she really wasn't in the mood for that.

words: 493 | tag: open! | song

Messages In This Thread
i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 08-27-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 08-27-2017, 10:42 PM
RE: i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 08-30-2017, 05:09 PM
RE: i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 09-04-2017, 12:58 PM
RE: i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 09-05-2017, 10:55 PM