Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - do not go gentle.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

and all their words for glory

well they always sounded empty
Not only does his attempt to foley any further lashings from her wings fail, but as his hooves rise up and strike out with considerable force, he's left with the distressing realization that he hits absolutely nothing but the space where Aislinn had been only moments prior.

Gritting his teeth, the roan warrior tries to scramble forward and out of the way just as his hooves return once more to the earth, but by then it is too late. As balanced and sturdy a creature as he was, the force of the mare's attack throws him off balance, struggling to keep himself upright as his front feet pedal, desperately trying to avoid one of the many vermin holes that dotted their battleground. In the end, his feet splay out before him, only narrowly avoiding one of his legs disappearing into a nearby hole.

The pain he feels is instantaneous despite the adrenaline still coursing through his veins. It burns, radiating from the middle of his left shoulder all the way up to his withers and stemming down towards his elbow, causing him to inhale sharply as he straightens back up with an inward hiss. Perhaps it isn't the worst that he could suffer, but the blow upsets him deeply regardless; to lose ones balance in the midst of battle could spell disaster, especially if his attacker managed to get the upper hand even further by knocking him completely to the ground. How could he have allowed himself to be so sloppy, so foolish and brazen?

Already he knows the journey home will be considerably longer than what it had taken to get here, and though the victor was yet to be decided, Ulric could at least be satisfied knowing that he wouldn't be returning back to Delumine empty handed.

Raising his head and craning it towards his lithe opponent, he once again dips his head towards her. The fight is over, although much too soon in his eyes... even if his shoulder screamed in protest against the notion.

"Holla"

ooc - I'm so sorry for this post, my dear! I thought I had another day left and didn't realize that that wasn't the case until I was settling down for bed <___<'''

Summary: Is knocked square in the left shoulder and narrowly avoids falling into one of the prairie dog holes that litter the battleground
Attack Used: 2
Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used: 1
Block(s) Left: 0
Item(s) Used: None

Response Deadline: n/a
Tags: @Aislinn @kay @inkbone @Sid

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
do not go gentle. - by Aislinn - 09-01-2017, 10:54 PM
RE: do not go gentle. - by Ulric - 09-02-2017, 07:09 PM