Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - EYES TO STARLIGHT [RELIC CONTEST]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Venari

After searching the river, the meadow was his next port of call. It was just adjacent and Venari intended to conduct his search in the most systematic way possible for ease of travel and so that he didn't neglect to search an area. Wildflowers tickled his knees as he made steady progress through the tall grasses of the meadow. It was a serene and tranquil place; the rain had mostly subsided by now and so he could hear with more clarity. Small songbirds chirped all around him, concealed by their camouflaged feathers amongst the pale hued meadow. 

The wind stirred and Venari heard a faint whisper in the breeze. It spoke of rumours of a relic nearby and a quest he must undertake for a greater prize. Motivated by this improved knowledge, the foreign stallion pushed his limbs forward into a canter to make quicker progress in his search of the meadow. As far as his eyes could tell, the meadow was vast and so speed would be vital in this area should he want to move on to somewhere new in good time. The wet footing made him more cautious, however, as while he was athletic he knew all too well that his legs were lanky and could cause him to trip should the footing be unsteady. 

Five minutes into his search and the stag spotted two horses to his left. His limbs moved down a gear as to not startle them both in his approach. One of the souls he ended up recognising from his very first visit to Novus, though Venari had shamefully forgotten his name. It was okay though, Ven didn't plan to linger for long due to the worry bubbling in his blood. He was on this relic hunt to help ease his mind, not to stir it into a deeper chaos. 

He pushed himself down into a walk and observed the two horses briefly. The first stallion held a painted design and was a similar height to Venari. Contrastingly, the second male was much taller than them both and held a simple yet striking appearance. It was hard to miss him in the daylight hours. As he entered within hearing range, he heard the smaller stag dominate the dialogue. Ven barely tuned into the words for fear of eavesdropping, but he couldn't help but to hear talk of Deities and shackles. Clearing his throat, he halted and took a breath in preparation to speak. "Greetings to you both," he spoke with a feigned confidence. "I'm Venari, I won't stay long as I'm searching for something but I thought it would be rude not to say hi," Venari spoke to them both before distracting himself with the view over his right shoulder. He would resume his eye contact soon enough as to not be rude, but he felt his heart beat faster and so the distraction was very much called for. 

TAGGED: @Kaladin @Damascus
NOTES: I hope you don't mind me jumping in here? I'm happy to adapt my post based on Kaladin's pending response <3
TIMELINE: Third relic location 

Messages In This Thread
EYES TO STARLIGHT [RELIC CONTEST] - by Kaladin - 06-03-2017, 11:03 AM
RE: EYES TO STARLIGHT [RELIC CONTEST] - by Damascus - 06-05-2017, 04:15 AM
RE: EYES TO STARLIGHT [RELIC CONTEST] - by Kaladin - 06-06-2017, 02:08 AM
RE: EYES TO STARLIGHT [RELIC CONTEST] - by Damascus - 06-07-2017, 10:01 AM
RE: EYES TO STARLIGHT [RELIC CONTEST] - by Kaladin - 06-07-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: EYES TO STARLIGHT [RELIC CONTEST] - by Venari - 06-07-2017, 02:53 PM
RE: EYES TO STARLIGHT [RELIC CONTEST] - by Damascus - 06-14-2017, 07:45 AM
RE: EYES TO STARLIGHT [RELIC CONTEST] - by Kaladin - 06-14-2017, 03:34 PM
RE: EYES TO STARLIGHT [RELIC CONTEST] - by Damascus - 06-24-2017, 01:21 AM
RE: EYES TO STARLIGHT [RELIC CONTEST] - by Kaladin - 06-24-2017, 04:23 AM