Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - To Drink the Wind

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
BlackPlague

Plague knew Dare was gone. She had been gone for years, if not eons. He knew she was probably dead – or worse – with another stallion. And he knew that this stallion was not the one she was with. Her scent lingered in his mind – night jasmine, crushed clover, prickly cactus, and pure mare. It was intoxicating, much the way a shot of Jack Daniels smells like heaven to an alcoholic. He knew this stallion was not the one who took her away, but he could not fight the anger, the disappointment in not finding her, and the fact that this other was just here at the right time (or the wrong time, it would seem). And how long it had been since he had spoiled for a fight. He needed it.

Plague listens, hears, and knows that the smaller stallion does not lie. But there is still a tiny part of his brain that suggests he take this mistake to the extent – to just crush him beneath his hooves, to bathe in blood and scars, to prove himself an alpha beast. But instead, he merely watches with amusement as the other displays a willingness to fight. Plague knows better. If he truly wanted a fight, he would have lunged, would have moved closer. No, Plague wants a fight more than anything, but he also knows that a man with something to lose, wrongly accused, will fight to the death. And Plague simply doesn’t really want to kill him. He just wants his Dare back.

”Know that I am watching you. Should she be seen in your company, there will be blood spilled.” His voice was low and threatening, the way a cat growls deep in its throat. He stands, unsure if to stalk off, still attack, or disappear in some sort of unique magic he does not possess. What else can you do with such a grievous mistake? He had done what his sire taught him not to do – allowed a dream to be mistaken as reality. He was ashamed, but his pride did not let him apologize for this mishap. Instead, he remained, forcing himself to calm, however slight. While still angry, he was no longer on the brink of destroying this man who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

”Speech”

| I find it kind of funny…I find it kind of sad…the dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had |
Image © Bouzid27 @ Deviant Art

@Vadim

Messages In This Thread
To Drink the Wind - by Vadim - 09-05-2017, 01:39 PM
RE: To Drink the Wind - by BlackPlague - 10-04-2017, 06:24 PM
RE: To Drink the Wind - by Vadim - 10-06-2017, 10:43 AM
RE: To Drink the Wind - by BlackPlague - 10-06-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: To Drink the Wind - by Vadim - 10-16-2017, 10:23 AM
RE: To Drink the Wind - by BlackPlague - 10-16-2017, 11:33 AM
RE: To Drink the Wind - by Vadim - 10-16-2017, 12:05 PM
RE: To Drink the Wind - by BlackPlague - 10-16-2017, 06:02 PM
RE: To Drink the Wind - by Vadim - 10-16-2017, 08:19 PM