Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Nothing's wrong but nothing's true

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

Israfel

Asterion’s answer caused a pale ear to tip backwards to his direction. Sister? Florentine? Israfel hadn’t the slightest clue that the Dusk Court Queen had siblings. Then again, she hadn’t really gotten to know anyone that well. There had been Diarmuid, of course, but that was it. And even then, the noble knight had disappeared one day never to be seen again. She hoped that he was well. Vermilion eyes turned away from her careful scrutiny of the horizon to instead focus on the bay youth at her side, eyeing him. Of course the Sun Daughter was not so ignorant to think that one had to be bound by blood in order to be called brother or sister. After all, the warriors she held rank with were dubbed her shield-siblings, a family created by one sole purpose. Still, it did no good for her to push her nose into other people’s personal lives.

Letting her gaze drift back to the horizon, the Daughter of the Sun spoke smoothly. “I can’t say that I’ve seen her yet today, but that doesn’t mean that she won’t stop by shortly.” It seemed that whenever Israfel had seen Florentine, the golden Queen would be darting about the Terrastellan citadel like a busy little bee, all smiles, golden locks, and violet flowers trailing in her wake. She was a good Queen, if not somewhat unorthodox… But that was endearing. The thought of her brought a smile to rose-kissed lips, before remembering her company.

Asterion’s following inquiry caused her to chuckle, a breathless, nearly sensual sound. “This place is sleepy. I’ve never lived in a land so quiet… Yet tranquility and complacency will not defend us from war.” Not that she thought there was a war brimming on the horizon. The land seemed far too peaceful for that. Regardless, Israfel was not about to take any chances. She had seen it all first hand, what laziness might bring, and she had no desire to bow to a usurper or seek out a new home. She glanced once more to Asterion, smiling despite the attempt at a professional front, eyes glittering nefariously in the sunlight. “… But if it puts your mind at ease, no. I don’t expect any trouble.”

“I’ve lost so many homes, I don’t care to lose another. This place has become precious to me, and even if it is quiet, even if it is peaceful and silent and sleepy, I will continue to keep watch and defend it.” Come hell or high water, Israfel would fight. “… Even if it can get a little boring and lonely.” She laughed, a melodic, peaceful, innocent sound. “But now you’re here, and can keep me company. Tell me more about you, Asterion. I know so very little about those in our Court, it’s almost shameful.”

x - x

@Asterion - Isra won't admit it but she really wants a friend.

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
Nothing's wrong but nothing's true - by Israfel - 12-26-2017, 10:40 PM
RE: Nothing's wrong but nothing's true - by Asterion - 12-29-2017, 03:00 PM
RE: Nothing's wrong but nothing's true - by Asterion - 01-10-2018, 12:09 PM
RE: Nothing's wrong but nothing's true - by Israfel - 01-14-2018, 12:16 AM
RE: Nothing's wrong but nothing's true - by Asterion - 01-16-2018, 03:51 PM
RE: Nothing's wrong but nothing's true - by Asterion - 02-15-2018, 09:57 PM
RE: Nothing's wrong but nothing's true - by Asterion - 03-27-2018, 12:12 PM