Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Nothing's wrong but nothing's true

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

Israfel

Israfel was surprised to feel the smooth touch against her shoulder. A gentle caress, a physical show of understanding, of brotherhood, from one who understood her plight and her words but did not judge her for it. The shield-maiden’s vermilion eyes turned, focusing on Asterion, and let out a soft breath. She smiled, pink lips upturning slightly at his consideration, at his blatant display of thoughtfulness. How long had it been since she had felt another’s touch? Far too long. So long, in fact, that she hadn’t realized how much she had missed it until now.

Thank you.

The words were not spoken aloud, for she was fairly certain that they did not need to be. Somehow, Israfel was sure that Asterion understood her gratitude without having to say much of anything at all. She felt at ease, here by his side, standing upon the balustrade of their home together and watching the world go by, as though the world were not so cruel a stranger. As though she wasn’t truly alone. His next words, spoken upon a soothing tongue that sent shivers down the pale maiden’s spine, only solidified the fact.

’But if we’re both lonely, here together, then maybe we aren’t lonely at all.’

She couldn’t help it. A brilliant smile lit up the Sun Daughter’s features, stealing away the lines of her stresses, of her anxieties and self-doubts. Such a smile rarely graced the young woman’s features, an innocence lighting up passionate vermilion eyes that glittered in the sunlight. “I’ve never quite heard it spoken like that, but… Yes. I think you’re right.” Then, because she wouldn’t keep it quiet this time around, she added on, “Thank you, Asterion.”

His words had meant more to her than she could say. Novus had always been a formidable, lonely place for her. After all, it hadn’t been ’home’ when she had re-drawn her first breath, but a strange, new land. Where she had once felt despair and loneliness, standing there upon the citadel veranda and keeping watch upon their horizon, she now felt warm kinship in the young man standing at her side. He was wiser than his years, and she couldn’t help but wonder what trials had made him that way. Perhaps, with time, she would find out.

Deciding to return his touch, Israfel turned her head away from her station and pressed her muzzle to his own shoulder. She lingered only a moment, but when she pulled away, her pale lips were still upright in a smile. “… Will you stay and watch the sunset with me, Asterion? I would like to enjoy the evening with the company of a friend.”

x - x

@Asterion – I’m so so sorry this is late! ;_; But I figure this can be Isra’s ‘exit’ post and they can just watch the sunset together? :D

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
Nothing's wrong but nothing's true - by Israfel - 12-26-2017, 10:40 PM
RE: Nothing's wrong but nothing's true - by Asterion - 12-29-2017, 03:00 PM
RE: Nothing's wrong but nothing's true - by Asterion - 01-10-2018, 12:09 PM
RE: Nothing's wrong but nothing's true - by Asterion - 01-16-2018, 03:51 PM
RE: Nothing's wrong but nothing's true - by Asterion - 02-15-2018, 09:57 PM
RE: Nothing's wrong but nothing's true - by Israfel - 03-18-2018, 01:47 AM
RE: Nothing's wrong but nothing's true - by Asterion - 03-27-2018, 12:12 PM