Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Under The Eyes Of No-One

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mikhael

Her reaction surprised him, her frigid tone biting at his ears almost as harshly as the cold air around them. Had he been rude? Perhaps his tone had not been the most polite, he thought to himself, or perhaps this was truly not a good time. "It seems I've... offended you in some way, miss." He bowed his head again, and like a guilty colt in front of his mother - or a repentant sinner in front of his goddess - he spoke again, "Forgive me." The words fell from his lips, disappearing into the space between them. Her voice still carried a noticeable edge as she inquired of his intentions; suddenly, Mikhael felt uncomfortable, as if he didn't belong. He knew he didn't belong.

"Perhaps there is proof of their existence right in front of me," he replied. The words slipped from his tongue before he could think, before he could stop them. It seemed such an unusual thing for him to say; subtle and superficial flattery had never been his chosen method of conversation. Still, as he looked upon her at the shrine, he could not remember a time he had seen such a unique creature, be it at home or in his travels. Before he could make a complete fool of himself (perhaps some of his dignity could be saved yet), he spoke again, a true answer this time. "I didn't come for anything. Just to explore." It was the most honest reply he could give, the only one, really. Had he intentionally come here to seek solace at the shrines of the gods? No, of of course not. Did he come looking for proof of their existence? Perhaps, in some dark corner of his mind, he had hoped for such a thing.

But this seemed far better.

Finally, he moved, taking another tentative step into the hollowed-out mountain. The cloak around his shoulders fluttered gently with his movement, a hushed whisper in the silence of the shrine. Never before had he had a reason to learn the tales of gods and men, to come before their effigies and ask to be taught of their ways. But it seemed unwise to him to eke out a living in a home whose basic customs he could not even recite. Turning his eye from her, Mikhael took another step forward, hooves echoing against the unyielding stone around them.

"I am new to these lands - to Novus. I know little about the gods. Perhaps you would be willing to teach me?"

@Grainne

Messages In This Thread
Under The Eyes Of No-One - by Grainne - 01-01-2018, 04:59 PM
RE: Under The Eyes Of No-One - by Mikhael - 01-02-2018, 07:45 PM
RE: Under The Eyes Of No-One - by Grainne - 01-02-2018, 09:49 PM
RE: Under The Eyes Of No-One - by Mikhael - 01-04-2018, 11:08 AM
RE: Under The Eyes Of No-One - by Grainne - 02-08-2018, 02:50 PM