Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Dear Lillie

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

The delicately painted minx seemed unsatisfied with the conversation that transpired. Noctiilucent was only looking out for her own safety. She could sense a sort of unease in her companion but decided against calling awareness to this fact. The alabaster femme spoke once more, uttering a sort of apology for her manners. Noctiilucent shivered as the wind whipped around them again, her mane flying forward with the gust. Nocti's mane was nearly long enough to reach her companion, this did not surprise her. The porcelain dame finally identified herself as one known as Messalina. The blue-eyed mare nodded reluctantly to her question of acquaintances. 

Messalina urged her once more to move to a cove out of the frigid, biting wind of winter. She seemed worried they'd freeze to death if they remained out here. Noctiilucent found this idea amusing, but perhaps she was being unrealistic. This was not Reth, and she could not count on the gods to save her outside of their domain.  "Acquaintances at most. I will accept your invitation to this cove. Be warned should you have ulterior motives... I will not go quietly. I still have yet to know you, as you do for me. Please do not take my caution as a slight against you personally. My caution is not a slight."

Noctiilucent moved a few steps closer to the alabaster minx, waiting for her to begin leading the way. "Had we met in my homeland, freezing beside the sea would not be a problem. My kin is known as the Children of the Sun for no reason. Although you are new, you still have months of knowledge I have yet to acquire. What is this place? What domains exist here, and what do you value?" Noctiilucent questioned her, moving just enough so they stood side by side. Nocti stood as a barrier between the wind that howled over the sea and Messalina. She hoped this action would be received as an act of good faith from the golden minx. Noctiilucent truthfully did wish for company, but her upbringing prevented her from thrusting trust upon just anyone. Especially after she had been the frequent interest of her Gods. 

Only two Gods did she not fear, Solomnus, and Cydyphy. Both had been a great source of comfort and redemption for her. Xamis lacked the compassion of his children, and lead to her fear of him. A fear she could not abandon with Reth. Noctii was so suspicious of strangers out of fear that it would be another test or method of punishment. The golden minx let out a sigh as another gale of frigid air blasted her left side. Her mane this time reached out to Messalina due to it's sheer length. Noctii hoped that the alabaster femme would not mind.

"Speech"
Notes: Oh no, it wasn't too short! Sorry for the wait <3
Tags: @Messalina  
Words: 465

Hold onto Me
When you think you're sinking

Messages In This Thread
Dear Lillie - by Noctiilucent - 01-15-2018, 08:48 PM
RE: Dear Lillie - by Messalina - 01-17-2018, 09:10 PM
RE: Dear Lillie - by Noctiilucent - 01-22-2018, 03:31 PM
RE: Dear Lillie - by Messalina - 01-23-2018, 09:22 PM
RE: Dear Lillie - by Noctiilucent - 02-18-2018, 01:53 PM