Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Off the garden path [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered,
surrounded by the world

I ignore the sassy mare's retort. Her attitude should put me off, but it doesn't. Instead I stay light-hearted and smile at her, certain that my resolute calm will annoy her even further. Despite the lady's OBVIOUS irritation, she stays. Who knows what kept her - boredom, curiosity? It would keep me, too. I turn my attention away from the no-named creature (for that is how she wished to stay), and instead back to Victorina. I find myself immediately shocked when she mentions Helovia. I choke on air and my body stiffens as I take a step closer to her. "Helovia?!" Did she really say that? I thought that for sure I was the only one that survived that madness. And Damaris, who I was sure was still alive somewhere, somehow. An ache began to fill inside me, but I couldn't put it into words. "I am from Helovia, but I was gone for along time before.... the end." I sputter a little bit, and feel shame at my inability to contain my emotions, to speak clearly. Am I a man or what?!

I glance toward the mare, knowing that I've left myself open to ridicule. But didn't I just say I don't care? And though I feel a twinge of.. something... inside, that remains the same. I glance back to Victorina and chapping lips part again. "I do not know of Novus the way I knew of Helovia. Obviously I am as fresh a face here as you are." I throw a slightly judgmental look at the mare. "Does your ladyship have any knowledge of Novus? Or are you just a pretty face?" That'll light her up - HA! The pain and sadness inside me does not fade, though I've pushed the conversation. Where are some painkillers when I need them? Emotional painkillers, of course - Prozac, Zoloft.. something.

"."
WC: 307
Tag: @Victorina

Messages In This Thread
Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 06-15-2017, 05:20 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-15-2017, 06:50 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Victorina - 06-18-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 06-21-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-21-2017, 04:36 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Victorina - 06-22-2017, 03:48 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 06-22-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-24-2017, 05:38 PM