Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - hold me tight -- or don't

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aion

AION

She smiles at him—her dark lips curling backwards to reveal her teeth. If her voice were a little lower, or perhaps her pose a little more hunched, he might have likened her to a wolf, stalking down her prey.

But she was no wolf in his eyes, and he was not prey waiting to be eaten.

He was ready for her attack.

Aion tracks her with an icy gaze, the world narrowing and sharpening on her with a clarity that was almost painful, the backdrop of the mountains and surrounding lands blurring away into nothing. Her hoofbeats echoed across the steppe, a beautiful melody playing on his ears with each strike of her legs. Right here, in this moment, she is the sole center of his attention, his eyes and ears attuning to the frequency that was the summer wolf.

The wind at his back whispers in his ears, sweeping his tail against his hocks and tousling the feathers at his poll. Oh, how it tempts him, coaxing him forward; he lifts his legs at its bidding, allowing himself to be talked into moving forward to meet her attack. He canters as she gallops, as collected as she is reckless, frosty gaze as intense as is her molten one.

But she refuses to slow, and he hesitates in his stride; his mind whirs at a thousand miles a second, calculating and recalculating her movements and second-guessing again. She was behaving erratically—too erratically?—that toothy smile burning bright in his mind. He digs his heels into the ground, dipping his hindquarters low as his momentum slows to a stop—buying himself time.

Just enough time for her to veer sharply, her path curving around him in the blink of an eye. He could have sworn he saw her flash another grin as she did—and it boils his blood down to his very bones in rage.

His ears lose themselves in his crown of feathers, pinning tightly now against his skull. She’d wanted to trick him, and it had worked—but only in part. His eyes continue to follow her, icy and cold against the darkness of his face, head whipping indignantly into the air.

She draws closer and closer to his legs, threateningly so. It’s inn one fluid movement that Aion brings his head down low to the earth, using it as a lever arm to kick his hooves up and up and up, bringing them out of reach of her strike—and directly into her face, eager to feel the crack of hoof on bone. His tail is a flash of white, snapping with a near audible crack! at her eyes, all the better to blind her with.

And he can’t help but wonder in that flash of a moment: how might that pretty grin of her’s look toothless?

@Liesel xx
”are you still talking?”
spaced code
rhiann art

Summary: Aion canters collected towards her, sliding to a stop in confusion when she refuses to slow. He’s able to watch her as she pivots, and when she strikes at his hocks he dodges by bringing his own hooves up and kicking out at her face, attacking simultaneously. For good measure he throws his tail in her eyes, but he’s looking to break bones.

Attack Used: 1
Attack(s) Left: 1
Block Used: 1
Block(s) Left: 0
Item(s) Used: /

Response Deadline: 03/13/18
Tags: @Liesel, @kay, @Sid, @inkbone AND @Lauren

Messages In This Thread
hold me tight -- or don't - by Aion - 03-04-2018, 08:16 PM
RE: hold me tight -- or don't - by Liesel - 03-06-2018, 08:12 PM
RE: hold me tight -- or don't - by Aion - 03-10-2018, 09:30 PM
RE: hold me tight -- or don't - by Liesel - 03-15-2018, 01:02 AM