Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - Crazy Diamonds

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

Eik looks over his queen as she does him, searching for weaknesses not to exploit but to avoid. Perhaps it is foolish to be doing this now, when Davke attack was not so long ago, but there is a certain sort of grace to be found in the sweat and the pain, a certain clarity that you cannot achieve only by sitting around thinking. Gods, he's done enough thinking for one lifetime.

'Ready?' she asks, and Eik would not answer even if she gave him the time to. Of course he is ready.

She springs forward quickly, gracefully. He lets himself forget all the ways he has not been enough of something. In the dark days, he had not been cruel enough to enjoy the kill- he was ever the disappointment to his father. Most recently he has not been cautious enough, nor wise enough, nor strong enough to make the slightest difference in the way events have unfolded. He leaves these thoughts behind now,

(He lets himself forget the questions he has no answers to, like what good are you?)

and surrenders to the flow of the fight.

When she halts, he lunges forward and to the left, and as she strikes out he takes the blow on his right shoulder instead of his chest. A more defensive maneuver would have been wise, but in all honesty he isn't very concerned with defending himself. In fact some part of him wants to be the punching bag.

In a true fight he would then take another stride forward to maneuver himself for a solid kick at Sera's stomach or foreleg, but this is no true fight and he does not want to risk seriously injuring her. Before the sting of her blow can settle in, he rears up and drives his shoulder, with the full force of his body behind it, to his right. His goal is to hit her side before or slightly after she lands from her attack, throwing her off balance or even knocking the breath from her. He attacks with the same shoulder she had just struck, and he grits his teeth as the bruise is pushed deeper into the muscle [ooc: assuming his blow lands]. With the pain comes a feeling akin to joy, but ... no, if anything it is more like freedom. Freedom from the cage of his mind, the bell jar, the bee hive, whatever the metaphor is.

As he lands he snaps his teeth near her flesh in a way that is playful, almost teasing. He may not enjoy killing, but he has always loved this adrenaline-laced dance.

ooc: <3 sorry I think my post miiight be a day late? When I started my reply I realized how much I hate battle posts lol, so it was already slow going and then on Friday my laptop broke ;_;

Summary: Eik moves forward and to the left, taking Sera's attack on his right shoulder. He uses this same shoulder to try and body slam her side.

Attack Used: 1
Attack(s) Left: 1
Block Used: 0
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: N/A

Response Deadline: 4/12 (... or whenever <3)
Tags: @Seraphina, @kay, @Sid, @inkbone, @Lauren, @Sparrow, @Roo, @Arahvir

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
Crazy Diamonds - by Eik - 03-29-2018, 04:53 PM
RE: Crazy Diamonds - by Seraphina - 04-04-2018, 11:04 PM
RE: Crazy Diamonds - by Eik - 04-08-2018, 05:18 PM
RE: Crazy Diamonds - by Seraphina - 04-10-2018, 05:42 PM
RE: Crazy Diamonds - by Eik - 04-14-2018, 06:07 PM
RE: Crazy Diamonds - by Seraphina - 04-17-2018, 11:00 PM
RE: Crazy Diamonds - by Eik - 04-20-2018, 04:56 PM
RE: Crazy Diamonds - by Lauren - 05-09-2018, 02:44 PM
RE: Crazy Diamonds - by inkbone - 06-06-2018, 03:13 PM