Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Endless Sky

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

He's never laughed the way she does now, the deep-bellied laugh he associates with the old crazies that find everything hilarious. He's never laughed much at all, other than in quick, unexpected chortles or low, purr-like chuckles. When she lifts her head back she is so... alive, blazing like fire. He can see her in Solterra, flying into the flaming sunset where all golden things go: away.

In this thought time shifts for a moment, expanding and darkening slowly like the spread of blood from a fallen body.

(The past has been so distorted by time that it seems I was not always myself. Years ago I would have responded so differently to this woman. Who was it that once thought for me, spoke for me, lived for me... a demon? Or am I the devil with a mask?

And anywhere is there really such thing as change or is it all perspective?)

(Heads or tails; you never could choose just one side of the coin)

When it becomes clear she won't be passing him by, he releases his letters and pain and solitude, setting aside wayward thoughts to grant her his full, uncompromising attention. It is a remarkably underrated thing, for a very private person to look at another that way.

"Lucky then day has come to feast on flesh. Should I trust a stranger, or will you gobble me if I tell you what halls I'm housed in?"

He tilts his head, intrigued by feast on flesh- he has not heard anyone speak of day in such a way. Is it prophetic? What does luck have to do with the passing of time? But he'll ponder it later- his attention quickly moves on to her question, which amuses him, and he simply replies as she had just moments ago- "hmm." A thoughtful look crosses his weathered features. "Do you really trust me to tell you who to trust?" An entertained crinkle of the skin around his eyes. Her gaze rests on the mountain, then beyond, and he simply looks at her in the gentle morning light.

When she proposes what seems like a game of sorts, a way to pass the time, it does not take him long to answer. "Okay." That laughter is there again, silent this time but still there, dancing in her eyes. Her company is bright and fresh, a bold yellow line painted across the shadowy places his mind lurks in- how could he deny her proposition?

"What is your name?" He asks quietly, feeling deserving of the first question. After all, she already has more answers than he.

-     -     -
There is no better way to know us
E I K
than as two wolves, come separately to a wood

@Moira <3

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
Endless Sky - by Eik - 04-24-2018, 02:25 PM
RE: Endless Sky - by Moira - 04-26-2018, 04:37 PM
RE: Endless Sky - by Eik - 05-03-2018, 07:52 PM
RE: Endless Sky - by Moira - 05-07-2018, 01:17 AM
RE: Endless Sky - by Eik - 05-08-2018, 04:04 PM