Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Endless Sky

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

Moira Tonnerre. He quickly tries to write it out in his mind, picking letters out from the sounds- we won't embarrass him by revealing just how wrong his spelling is.

Eik is no gentleman, but after a moment he can see the expectant look in her eye, and he can guess what it is she awaits. A free answer. She reminds him of a proud little bird, and for some reason he is drawn to oblige her. He suspects she is used to getting what she wants, but he is not sure, not yet-- she seems the type that is full of surprises. "I'm Eik." Eik, that is all, short and musical like the sound a forest animal would make. It is a name as simple and private as he- and if there is any pride left in him it is only because of that stalwart name.

(He finds himself clinging to those three letters, sometimes, fearing that without them he would cease to be anything at all. His name is the only thing that has never changed after all these years.)

((oh and if you could open our skull and peer inside, you'd see padded walls, beaten thin and yellow-brown. but we’d put out flowers for you, irises, and-))

where are you from?It takes him a moment to answer her question- it is in his nature to take his time, tirelessly overthinking two things at once.

Where is he from? It no longer surprises him that the sand is now the first thing that comes to mind when he thinks of home. Eik can feel the ancient, hungry desert behind him. It calls to him, not at at sweetly. "Solterra." But really this is only a half-truth. And while the other half is painful to remember, he was never a liar, could never be even if he wanted to. "And before that, a cold, unfriendly place with no name." and no gods, he does not add out loud. not anymore, the violins croon and the knife twists.

It is his turn once again, and he decides to be more careful with his question this time, spend it thoughtfully instead of exchanging niceties- although he does not at all regret asking for Moira Tonnerre's name. He examines her once more, wondering what she sees, and how close to the truth it is. Eik himself does not know what the truth is anymore, it got lost somewhere or maybe it never really existed in the first place. All we know is that there are holes, everywhere, in everything-- its just nobody sees them, or everyone pretends not to.

((the irises are wilting already, can't say I'm surprised))

Somehow from the babble of his mind, a question asks itself- "What's it look like, from up there?" He finds his eyes are latched to her wings as the vague question emerges. Wings had never really interested him until he came to Novus and found them attached to a horse. For some reason he had never imagined flying before that point, just as he hadn't thought of living underground or underwater. Call it a lack of imagination if you will, or at least a lack of inspiration. Now he could stare at Inkheart’s sultry black wings all day and call it love- and he likely would, if her god hadn’t swept her away.

"If I could fly, I don't think I'd ever be on the ground." He says softly, almost surprised by his own voice. Eik is not very forthcoming with most people, but we think it over a moment and decide that Moira Tonnerre is not like most people.

-     -     -
There is no better way to know us
E I K
than as two wolves, come separately to a wood

@Moira -snugs- they are so sweet together <33 also lol Eik is a lil bumpkin that doesn't understand last names so he will keep thinking of her by her full name xD

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
Endless Sky - by Eik - 04-24-2018, 02:25 PM
RE: Endless Sky - by Moira - 04-26-2018, 04:37 PM
RE: Endless Sky - by Eik - 05-03-2018, 07:52 PM
RE: Endless Sky - by Moira - 05-07-2018, 01:17 AM
RE: Endless Sky - by Eik - 05-08-2018, 04:04 PM
RE: Endless Sky - by Moira - 05-13-2018, 12:20 AM
RE: Endless Sky - by Eik - 05-17-2018, 07:41 PM
RE: Endless Sky - by Moira - 05-26-2018, 12:53 PM
RE: Endless Sky - by Eik - 05-29-2018, 06:26 PM
RE: Endless Sky - by Moira - 06-03-2018, 02:14 PM