Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - R & R

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I feel myself relaxing and I think a snooze might be coming on, despite the sadness that penetrates deep within me. No better way to avoid your emotions, your 'real life problems' than by taking a nap. After all, when you're unconscious you can't be worrying about all the daily struggles. (Not entirely true, for such worries can visit in dreams, but it's more successful than staying awake.) Just as I think that I might start to drift, a voice calls my name, questioning. I exhale a sigh I didn't even realize I'd taken, and for a moment I hope that the stranger just goes away. I'm trying to rest, escape, and can't be bothered with conversation right now. But my curiosity gets the best of me, and I lift my head enough to look over my shoulder, seeing a young mare approach. I recognize her from the mountains as the youthful Victorina. I sit up a little, but stay lying on the ground. The sweet thing has been so polite that I feel no need to stand on ceremony or present myself as formidable stallion. No, her presence is peaceful and relaxing, and she seems kind enough to not mind me staying recumbent.

"Ah Victorina, it's just you." I smile at her reassuringly, for she seems wary of approaching me. "Come over, I was just resting. Quite a different place to see you, than the mountains." A chuckle escapes me, for what I say is perfectly true. Even though being in the oasis offers some relief from the heat, and the spring weather keeps the sun's rays more mild than blistering, it is still quite different from being at the peak of a mountain. I motion to the crystal clear water that I've previously dipped my nose into. "Have a drink, if you're parched." I watch the young roan for her reaction, wondering if she came to visit, just happened upon me, or if perhaps she has some sort of question to ask. She is completely unfamiliar to me, though I try to rack my brain for memories of her. She said she was from Helovia after all, so she must have known some of the poor souls I once knew. But I was gone for so long and she is so young, there can't possibly have been a crossing of our paths.

WC: 394
Tag: @Victorina

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
R & R - by Rostislav - 06-21-2017, 10:01 PM
RE: R & R - by Victorina - 06-22-2017, 03:37 AM
RE: R & R - by Rostislav - 06-25-2017, 04:08 PM
RE: R & R - by Victorina - 07-03-2017, 06:44 AM
RE: R & R - by Rostislav - 07-03-2017, 07:28 PM
RE: R & R - by Victorina - 07-04-2017, 01:34 AM