Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - 'I' am also a 'We'

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 40 — Threads: 5
Signos: 5
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

ARD

Ard remembered a fear so palpable he could taste it.

He remembered the feeling of terror that had raced through his veins, freezing reason and instinct. The desperation, cloying and all-consuming. The emotions had been mirrored in Erd, yet his brother had not let up on their task, his focus unwavering; open the portal, escape Luminous. Escape Vreis. That was their goal. Ard was the bottomless well, Erd was the conduit. Together they could do it. Only together.

Yet the shouts had scared him, angry and dangerous, promising so much pain. It had altered his focus, caused him to tremble, to balk, to press closer to his brother’s side. He was so scared.

'Erd.' Terror had coated his voice, rough as a rasp from disuse. They’re coming.

They were close, the twins. Perhaps closer than most. Erd knew his fears and his doubts, and the feeling of his trust and his love had poured into Ard’s soul, warm and comforting and beautiful. Their focus shared, their task known, the portal had opened before Vreis and his men could stop them. Together they had jumped, uncaring what may await them.

And now?

’Ard?’ Erd’s voice, cutting through the terrible ringing that echoed in his ears. ’Ard?’ He didn’t want to move. His side ached from where he had landed painfully upon his right wing, the appendage of alabaster feathers tucked awkwardly beneath his petite frame. Despite the discomfort, he was content. They were safe. A displeased grunt was the only answer he cared to give his twin.

The sound of grass shifting and popping beside him alerted him to Erd’s movements, but the younger warlock had no intentions on standing or moving about yet. Instead, he simply shifted and stretched out his pinched wing, letting the feathers splay out. The joints of his wing would surely be sore for a few days after the way he had landed on it…

Turquoise eyes opened only to narrow against the harsh sunlight, but even as Erd began to stand and get his bearings, Ard remained upon the earth. From his position he could still assess the world, and so that was what he did. A field of grass spread out around them, the countryside dotted with trees full of leaves. The sky was a bright blue and the sun was hot, but it was warm and comfortable. Still, Ard knew that lingering could be dangerous. It was only after his brother’s inquiry, however, that he pushed himself up and to his full height, wobbling precariously upon unsteady legs. Erd’s concerned look was enough to persuade another grunt, this one of an affirmative. He was fine, just sore.

The warlock’s gaze sought out his brother, bumping his muzzle against Erd’s alabaster shoulder before focusing once more on where they had been deposited. “Where?” Simple, precise, his voice still scratchy and rough as gravel. He could feel Erd’s answer, a silent ‘I don’t know’. Wherever they were now, whatever might await them could be better or worse than Vreis’ treatment. Only time would tell. Despite that, however, they still had each other, and that was all that mattered.

@Marisol or @Atreus or anyone else who might want to hop in?

Messages In This Thread
'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-19-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-19-2018, 04:18 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-19-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-20-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-20-2018, 09:55 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-22-2018, 03:01 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-22-2018, 11:25 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-22-2018, 11:26 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-26-2018, 12:17 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 06-17-2018, 04:31 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 06-17-2018, 04:32 AM