Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - 'I' am also a 'We'

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 45 — Threads: 5
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

ERD

There really was no way to know just what to expect.

Erd could fight. Despite his small size, he was quick and precise. He had fought a lot when they were in the manipulative grasp of Vreis and his rebel army. It wasn’t that he liked to. Quite the opposite, really. War was pointless and a waste of life. He, like his brother, preferred the route of the pacifist. Unlike Ard, of course, Erd would willingly get his hooves dirty if the stakes were high enough. Back in Luminous, with his twin’s safety at the forefront of his mind? Oh, the stakes had always been high enough.

Still, that didn’t mean he wanted to fight this militaristic woman who had so brazenly approached them. Why would he? Unless she was a threat, which… Despite her cold, blank, rather formidable expression, and the iciness to her sharp gaze, Erd wasn’t picking up on anything remarkably threatening about her. She seem quiet in the same way Ard was, choosing to not speak unless it was absolutely necessary. Even as she took a step closer, her posture rigid and practiced, Erd found his fear easing up. Ard, on the other hand, only pressed tighter to his side with a warning growl at the woman.

In that small, intimate spot behind his heart, he could feel his brother’s distress and fear. He could feel Ard’s insecurities and anxieties, and as though with a delicate caress, pressed his own reassurance down upon that nearly cloying feeling.  The tension in his brother’s shoulders seemed to lessen, but his eyes, oh, his eyes, practically dripping venom and glowing with warning, were rooted upon the liver bay’s form. Erd knew that his brother loathed battle, but he hoped that the younger warlock’s fears did not spur him into action.

Then, Marisol spoke. Her gruff voice once again filled the silence, and Erd listened raptly. Shelter? Oh, right. The silver colt glanced about, taking in the scenery once more. It seemed that the storm that had arrived with their portal, which sometimes happened as an after-effect of their magic usage, was not through with terrorizing the local land. “Uh. Sure.” But Marisol went on, describing exactly where they were. None of it made sense to him, and he didn’t even need to exchange a look with Ard to know that his twin also had no idea where ’Novus’, the ’Dusk Court’, or ’Terrastella’ were. Giving a shrug of a shoulder, Erd braved a step forward through the grass, offering Marisol a somewhat crooked smile. “Lead on, then. To… Wherever it is. Terrastella? The Dusk Court? Is that where we are, or…? Wherever we’re going?”

Then, he glanced to Ard with that same smile. “I think we’ve found someone who’s just as riveting a conversationalist as you, my dear brother,” Erd teased quietly, his words clearly meant for only Ard’s ears, and there was no missing the irritated roll of twin turquoise eyes in response. As he took another step closer to Marisol’s much larger body, Ard eventually followed, lingering just the slightest bit behind. It would be clear to anyone who spent even a moment in the twins’ presence that Erd was the leader, and his brother the follower.

“So, uh. Marisol, right? Are you a soldier for Terrastella? Who’s Vespera? Are they your ruler?”

Messages In This Thread
'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-19-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-19-2018, 04:18 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-19-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-20-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-20-2018, 09:55 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-22-2018, 03:01 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-22-2018, 11:25 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-22-2018, 11:26 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-26-2018, 12:17 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 06-17-2018, 04:31 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 06-17-2018, 04:32 AM