Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - 'I' am also a 'We'

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 45 — Threads: 5
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

ERD

If Marisol was annoyed by his slew of inquiries, it certainly wouldn’t be the first time something like that had happened in the company of a stranger. There had been many moments in Luminous where Erd’s mouth and natural curiosity had gotten him into trouble, and more than just a few occasions where such impudence had granted him a beating. He hoped, belatedly, that Marisol did not share the same manipulative cruel streak as his and Ard’s former master. Aloof and distant though she seemed, he hoped that the bit of trust that he had for her proved true.

The petite warlock kept pace with his brother just behind Marisol, following after her much larger frame and along the dirt path. He marveled at the packed earth trodden with wear, but the youth’s ears flicked forward at attention as the militaristic woman began to speak. He listened with rapt curiosity, turquoise eyes following the outstretched wing to regard the city scape in the distance. So, that was the Dusk Court…?

Deciding to hold his tongue and simply listen, Erd refrained from asking anymore questions while the deep bay said her piece. So, the Dusk Court was Marisol’s home, and the Dusk Court was within the land of Terrastella… Which had its own deity? That was Vespera. The young warlock frowned. Gods. It wasn’t that he didn’t believe in them, because they had to exist… But with the mind of a scientist, the mind of an alchemist, of one who had once summoned storms and raging fires with a mere thought, having hard proof outweighed everything else. Who knew? Maybe there was proof that these Gods existed. Maybe they walked among mortals. He didn’t know. They had, after all, only just arrived.

Marisol herself was the commander of a flying army unit, the Halcyon Unit, and that truly perked Erd’s curiosity as well. His eyes widened, bright pools of turquoise so wide and nearly glowing, curiosity mixing with uneasiness. Everything else seemed to fall to the wayside, even though he heard it. Florentine was the ruler of the land. The name meant little to Erd, at least right then and there. An army. Terrastella had an army? Well, it would be dumb if they didn’t, right? It was a monarchy. A king or queen had to have an army as a show of power, right? It only made sense… Yet was this army like Vreis’ cruel rebellion that sought out murder and domination? Or was it like the Royal Army; condemning and ostracizing, slaying any who were different?

“Hm,” the silver boy hummed thoughtfully, frowning as he mulled over everything that had been revealed, “I see.” Did he have any more questions? He definitely did. A ton, really, but he desperately didn’t want to annoy Marisol. “I have other questions, but… Well, they can wait. I mean, is there anything we should know? Anything we shouldn’t do?” Would the citizens of Terrastella even welcome them? “Ard and I… Well, we haven’t ever been around a city before.”

Messages In This Thread
'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-19-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-19-2018, 04:18 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-19-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-20-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-20-2018, 09:55 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-22-2018, 03:01 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-22-2018, 11:25 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-22-2018, 11:26 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-26-2018, 12:17 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 06-17-2018, 04:31 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 06-17-2018, 04:32 AM