Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - 'I' am also a 'We'

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 45 — Threads: 5
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

ERD

They trailed along, side by side, and Erd’s ears remained upright as he paid rapt attention to Marisol’s answer. Her words filled him with a warm sense of relief, but also a tinge of concern for reasons that he couldn’t yet name. Caution, maybe? Was the world outside of the Dusk Court particularly dangerous? The elder twin held his tongue for the time being, deciding not to ask questions that didn’t necessarily pertain to the here and now.

The joke, despite how brash and rather abrasive as it was delivered, did not miss its mark. Erd’s dark lips twisted upwards into a grin and he couldn’t stop the chuckle that escaped him. “Good. I’m really glad to hear that.”

While somewhat crude and rough around the edges, surely from a militaristic background, the warlock found himself quite liking Marisol and enjoying her presence. She was sincere, in her own way, and he could appreciate such blunt honesty. If the other members of the Dusk Court were, according to the Halcyon Commander, nicer than she was, then surely he and Ard wouldn’t have any issues settling down?

There was the subject of their magic that still needed to be tackled, but that could wait. For now, Erd just wanted to get himself and his brother settled into this new land, maybe find a nice niche to call their own, and eventually, learn to call this place ‘home’. Hopefully that wouldn’t be too difficult to do.

Then, a genuine surprise. Ard, his voice raspy and hoarse at his side, directed his own question towards the Halcyon Commander. Turquoise eyes widened as he regarded his twin, mouth parting in alarm. That… Wasn’t a typical behavior that his brother ever displayed, speaking to someone so recently introduced, yet… Yet Ard’s demeanor was strong. Defiant, almost. Daring. Head held high, gaze straight, brows furrowed in an audacious glare, Ard held Marisol’s stare like a seasoned veteran. It was almost unnerving, seeing his soft-spoken and shy twin behaving so brazenly.

Marisol, however, didn’t seem to mind in the slightest. She held Ard’s gaze as though searching, as though judging, before answering his question just as smoothly and efficiently as she had answered every inquiry thus far. There was notable warmth in her gaze, and it took Erd a moment to place it as understanding. She understood.

That, more than anything, solidified the fact that they could trust her.

Messages In This Thread
'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-19-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-19-2018, 04:18 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-19-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-20-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-20-2018, 09:55 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-22-2018, 03:01 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 05-22-2018, 11:25 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 05-22-2018, 11:26 PM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Marisol - 05-26-2018, 12:17 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Erd - 06-17-2018, 04:31 AM
RE: 'I' am also a 'We' - by Ard - 06-17-2018, 04:32 AM