Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - wandering jane

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Soleil

S O L E I L

She does not notice the Terrastellan Queen, not at first. She is instead still looking for someone who might be looking something missing -- perhaps a child or a festival-goer. Perhaps the person who lost this item does not find it as precious as she does, the delicate flowers bruised from their rough landing on the street. A momentary sense of selfishness begs her to keep it for herself.

Will you not wear it? A voice says, drawing the sun away from her inner musings. An amethyst gaze meets her own, a woman similar unto herself at first glance offering her a smile. Her gaze drops blankly to the crown of indigo blossoms, her mind blank for a moment as she considers what the other woman has said. Wearing it had never even crossed her mind, though the girl she had once been would have delighted in such trinkets -- a spoiled girl who would not have thought twice about the true owner of this crown.

A smile spreads unconsciously upon her lips, but she does not lift the flowers towards her crown. “Afraid not,” She says, moving her gaze back to the stranger. Her tone is quiet, though amused -- more at herself than anything else. “As this particular beauty does not belong to me…” She admitted, getting a fine look at the the amethyst flowers tucked into a wave of honey-gold hair.

And although she had never seen the girl before, she is unmistakable. This, the girl of sand and sun surmised must be the Dusk Queen. Florentine Her mind whispered, as she inhaled rather sharply, not expecting to be found in idle conversation with someone so…important in a place like this. The mare is quick to drop her head in respect, her formal manners from childhood lessons that seemed like a distant memory spurred into high drive.

”Your grace. She says with a hushed reverence, not wishing to bring unwanted attention to the pair of them. She lifts her head again, strands of white-gold hair tousling. She tucks the flower crown tight to her chest, aware of the increased rate of her heart. Soleil had dreams of becoming more than just nobility, and yet here she stood just flustered by the idea of a foreign court’s queen.

”I’ve read many accounts of you and your court. The Terrastellan healers are famous for their medicines, it’s truly fascinating.” She said, her voice sweet like honey. She had spent the past few months following the inter-dramatics of the various courts. From the last Dawn King’s sudden departure, to the Dusk girl’s tryst with the Night King, to the shutting of the Night Court gates. There had been much turmoil in the land, including her home of Solterra where the Davke had began a ruthless coup -- making yet another delay in her return home. She had no desire to become another casualty. ”I am honored to make your acquaintance. I am Soleil of the noble Solterran house Hajakha.”

coding by Avis

Messages In This Thread
wandering jane - by Soleil - 05-26-2018, 10:13 AM
RE: wandering jane - by Florentine - 05-28-2018, 09:20 AM
RE: wandering jane - by Soleil - 05-30-2018, 04:28 PM
RE: wandering jane - by Florentine - 07-01-2018, 11:56 AM
RE: wandering jane - by Soleil - 07-09-2018, 04:09 PM