Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - to say what others cannot utter

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pavetta

p a v e t t a - - -

The caretaker Pavetta

She heard the echo, but the rest was lost behind stone doors. The caretaker Pavetta. Had she ever been anything other than what the priestesses on that mountaintop had made her into? She had fought it, for a time, and then it simply seemed like the easiest path, the simplest, with the least resistance. They’d told her she could only be a healer and she had believed it in the end.

But she was no longer imprisoned on that secluded mountain temple. She was in Novus—a land of freedom, a land of choices. And she intended to explore the possibilities of her future; of who and what she might become.

Suddenly, the doors shifted, a cool draft following in their wake as they swung wide to welcome her in the private chamber. Her cloven hooves sounded abnormally loud; a sharp, confident clip as she crossed the marble tiles. Pavetta had not expected to be in the presence of Ipomoea in addition to that of the sovereign, but it did not falter her steps. Somnus possessed a regal, quiet aura as always—but she could sense that she had interrupted an important conversation. Ipomoea’s worried, doubtful expression confirmed her suspicions. The recent events, the meeting, everything. More than ever Dawn Court needed to be united in a fierce, undivided front. No Orion, she noted. She stopped before Somnus and Ipomoea and bowed her head in respect as Somnus addressed her with gentle concern lacing his pleasant greeting.

Pavetta had never met Orion or Ipomoea outside of the one Dawn meeting she had attended, but could that even count? She had stood among the mass; a commoner, an onlooker, a newcomer. A nobody. But now, she felt like she was on the cusp of becoming someone, something. She didn’t know who, or even what, but desperately wished to pursue what she felt like was just out of her grasp—a butterfly dancing just beyond her reach. He was polite—as she had imagined him to be, but beyond the slight hesitation in addressing her (she didn’t blame him for not knowing her name, it was only because of his rank that she should know his) she could not fathom anything else from his formal, reserved greeting.

Somnus, Ipomoea.” Again, she dipped her head, but her eyes did not leave them. “I’m glad you are both unharmed and home safe among your people.” Her eyes were knowing—she had been there on that summit, had seen the walls crumble and collapse, trapping the regimes inside. “Everything is well, Somnus,” she assured him, but the hesitance in her voice was perhaps not so convincing.

But.” Pavetta gathered her breath. “I am here today because I once spoke to be considered as Emissary. I understand why another was appointed and I passed over—I am young and inexperienced. Perhaps then, I would have not been ready.” She paused, sifting through her thoughts, collecting the words, lacing them together in her mind. She wanted to appear well-spoken, thoughtful, confident—but neither would she disguise her proud and impulsive nature in an effort to be something she was not.

But since then, I have travelled Novus in an effort to learn, to understand the world I now belong to. In my travels I have made many friends, all from different courts, of different backgrounds. Since it was you who took me in, Somnus, when I was alone and had no one—I want to make this promise to Delumine—to do more, to be more than Pavetta the caretaker.” Her voice was cool, collected, her expression calm with steely resolve. “ I wish to challenge Orion for the position of Emissary, and seek your permission to do so.”

a pearl in pigshit, a diamond on the finger of a rotting corpse,
creature in whom nothing, but nothing, remains of an elven woman ---

art by the lovely sid

@Ipomoea @Somnus @Orion

Messages In This Thread
to say what others cannot utter - by Pavetta - 06-14-2018, 09:12 PM
RE: to say what others cannot utter - by Somnus - 06-16-2018, 10:36 PM
RE: to say what others cannot utter - by Ipomoea - 06-26-2018, 08:39 PM
RE: to say what others cannot utter - by Pavetta - 06-27-2018, 05:36 PM
RE: to say what others cannot utter - by Somnus - 08-06-2018, 10:51 PM
RE: to say what others cannot utter - by Ipomoea - 08-26-2018, 03:12 PM