Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Site Wide Plot  - another one coming

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aethelind

[align=left]
AETHELIND
born in the heart of hurricane season

Honestly, I had escaped up to the place of worship almost as soon as the gates of the court had opened once again. It seemed as if there was a beckoning of the lords and ladies to the summit, and I saw it as a nice chance to sneak in a little extra of my nap time than I had been getting lately with all of the activity humming around Denocte with the populous trapped inside it's embrace.

I thought that it would be quiet and peaceful, and the way the sun hit the rocky cliffs of the Peak was the prime spot for a cat nap. Little did I know that the dreamlike state would once again be interrupted. But this time, the smell of cherry blossoms and the gentle darkness of night wasn't interrupted by the sound of another singing a joyful tune. Not by a voice that sounded like bird song on the first day of spring, but rather by what could only be described as a sonic boom. Like the sound of a rocket ship taking off, the ground shook, the cool breeze weaving between ivory and gold feathers turned hot for a moment. And then?

It all stopped.

Rose gold ears snapped back, disappearing into snowy threads of silk while robin's egg blue eyes grew wide with shock as I was startled back to reality. An invisible brow lifted, while my rosy fleshed jaw did the exact opposite...if not attached by muscle and tendons I am sure it would have actually hit the warm rock I was resting on. The shrines. They were disappearing as if they hadn't been there the whole time. But moments after they vanished a figure that closely resembled the featured god or goddess appeared and walked jauntily down the peak the same way I had ventured up.

My mouth grew dry, a part of me screamed to get up and chase after the starry creature I had devoted my life too. But my limbs seemed to be paralyzed, probably a mixture of exhaustion and shock. I still wasn't entirely sure I wasn't dreaming.

It wasn't long before the gods, or fate, decided to show me that I was not in fact dreaming. I watched a silvery mare pace beside the only remaining statue, that of Solis, she was gorgeous if not frantic in appearance as her striped limbs moved in a blur back and forth, back and forth. Another appeared, she too was a stunning creature painted in smoke and ash, words moved her inky lips as she stopped in front of the statue that...if I looked close enough seemed to be changing before our very eyes. It was his eyes that changed first, then his mane, before finally there was a regal flaming stallion standing before the gathered mares. 

Life seemed to spring back into my slender, pale frame as I scrambled to my feet. Not wanting to be found laying on a cliff side if the flaming god decided for some reason that I was the one to pay attention to. Suddenly, I was very aware...and feeling quite betrayed by the sun marked birthmark on my shoulder. Curses fluttered through my mind as I took tentative steps closer to the deity that I wasn't devoted to, the fact that I, a religious creature, was this close to one of the divine was mind boggling in it's own.

Large, feathered wings pulled in close to my sides in hopes to hide the fact my rib cage was about to explode from my flesh as my heart beat about a million times a minute in surprise and wonder. But there wasn't time for me to step forward and speak between the silver and the new-coming ball of flame. Curses and ill-wishes flung from the chestnut's lips into the sky and if they were visible I'm sure I would have watched them smack across the god's face, sparks seeemd to dance off of her slender frame like a firecracker and I found myself voiceless once again.

Who were these creatures?

Pale blues watched as a horned, grey striped creature slid into the mix. Ignoring the flaming mass of mare and questioning the god directly on why these dynamic mares worshiped him. What made him so important. I swallowed hard, hoping the dryness and the lump that had formed in my throat would fade as I slid behind the throng that had congregated and moved to stand closer to the striped mare who seemed to be the only one with her head screwed on tight. Maybe staying alongside this brave, level headed one I would be able to find my voice once again and not just be a pale shadow among the group of outstanding ladies.

"Speaking."
 @RandomEvents | this has 800 many words. enjoy quite, innocent little night bby intruding on the insanity | coding by Kat & image by Fintron

Messages In This Thread
another one coming - by Random Events - 06-21-2018, 04:35 PM
RE: another one coming - by Efphion - 06-21-2018, 04:59 PM
RE: another one coming - by Seraphina - 06-21-2018, 05:32 PM
RE: another one coming - by Bexley - 06-21-2018, 06:17 PM
RE: another one coming - by Pavetta - 06-21-2018, 06:52 PM
RE: another one coming - by Aethelind - 06-21-2018, 07:01 PM
RE: another one coming - by Moira - 06-21-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: another one coming - by Turhan - 06-22-2018, 12:07 AM
RE: another one coming - by Batty - 06-22-2018, 09:21 AM
RE: another one coming - by Caine - 06-22-2018, 10:01 AM
RE: another one coming - by Kauri - 06-22-2018, 01:16 PM